celebrant, how much?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

celebrant, how much?

Hi,

Does anyone knows how much a civil celebrant coast?

Actually I only need the celebrant for signing the marriage certificate at the ceremoney. it probably wont take longer than 5 to 10 min ~

I have sent msg to a lots of celebrants but only got two replys. one guy wanted 10 000 hkd and another company is asking for 4350 hkd inclunding everything.

Is that a good deal or does anyone knows someone who can do it for 3000 hkd? Its just signing the marriage certification.. no big deal. the other stuff we can handle by ourself.

Thanks in advance

PS: the date will be in september saturday afternoon time

10k is steep but it depends where you want them to go. Why do you need to celebrant to sign at the ceremony? We had two events, a small thing in the celebrant's office with just a couple of witnesses where we got the legal certificate signed and then the 'real' ceremony a few days later at the church where they made up their own certificate which we, the Pastor and about 20 witnesses signed. I would suggest keeping the legal stuff and the ceremony separate. Cost of doing it in their office should be about 3-4,000 including giving notice etc.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

hull, did you do it during office hours? I wonder whether the cost is higher for a Saturday afternoon. The cost at City Hall increases quite a bit on that day/time.

Agree with hullexile - just do it separately at their offices, maybe on the Friday afternoon. All in that should be less than $4,000 including giving notice and filing all the necessary paperwork. We used Don Vong at Vong's and were happy with the service.

The Celebrant does actually have to do slightly more at the ceremony than sign a piece of paper - it is the Celebrant who has to conduct the legally binding parts of the ceremony, say some specific words and ask the "do you... questions".

Last edited by PDLM; 12-05-2010 at 03:27 PM.

I got married in March.
    ..Cost HK$2,500 for the celebrant to come to my Wedding venue. They also would have done the registration at the Marriage registry and only charged the HK$305 government fee. (did if myself)

The celebrant I got was excellent. He did more than just the basic getting married bit!! He engaged with the auidience and made it an enjoyable 30mins!

Highly recommended.

Company was called Eden Marriage Registry. www.marryme.hk

I've got the email address and phone numbers. If you get stuck give me ashout and I'll sent them to you.

civil celebrant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    2500 HKD for the celebrant sounds just perfect to me !!!
    Please send me their address and contact, cant wait to contact them~

Thanks a lot!

Best,
    Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlay:
    I got married in March.
    ..Cost HK$2,500 for the celebrant to come to my Wedding venue. They also would have done the registration at the Marriage registry and only charged the HK$305 government fee. (did if myself)

The celebrant I got was excellent. He did more than just the basic getting married bit!! He engaged with the auidience and made it an enjoyable 30mins!

Highly recommended.

Company was called Eden Marriage Registry. www.marryme.hk

I've got the email address and phone numbers. If you get stuck give me ashout and I'll sent them to you.

thanks everyone,
    we do want to sign the certificate at the ceremony as we think its more romantic and makes more sence.
    I know saturday cost more than weekday and to ask the celebrant to come to our venue, which will be the gold coast hotel is even more expensive, but we wont change our mind i guess. just hope we can get one who doesnt charge that much ^^

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

All the best for your future happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Marionru:
    thanks everyone,
    we do want to sign the certificate at the ceremony as we think its more romantic and makes more sence.
    I know saturday cost more than weekday and to ask the celebrant to come to our venue, which will be the gold coast hotel is even more expensive, but we wont change our mind i guess. just hope we can get one who doesnt charge that much ^^
    Just sent you a PM with the details of the celbrant I used.
    ..As it contains phone numbers / email address / etc I'm assuming the forum doesn't allow me to post them here?

All the Best. Good choice for Gold Coast by the way. I've seen about a dozen weddings there from when I used to live in the hotel!

thanks everyone !!

I have contact the Eden Marriage Registry already and you was right! their are very nice and I can get the celebrant for 3000 HKD which is really good when you consider that the wedding will hold on saturday!

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast