musicians?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

musicians?

are there any classical musicians on here interested in getting together to play chamber music some time? it would just be for fun- i don't need anyone to be amazing, but it would be nice to keep the skills up. let me know!

i would be interested. what instrument do you play and what sort of chamber music??

hooray!

i play violin- and i'd love to play any sort of music! i haven't done chamber music in ages, so this will be fantastic. what do you play/where are you??

I play the violin also and would love to get a quartet together too...haven't done this in ages, hope I'm not too rusty! I won't be in HK until the end of July. Also, I'm only there for a few months. Let me know if you want to set something up and I'll bring my violin.

i play cello- i've played mostly piano trios in the past but quartets would be great too if we have more strings.. Do you know where one can borrow music in HK? And where's best to play?

oh goodness... i am so new here i wouldn't have any idea where to go. i keep seeing signs for tom lee music though, and they appear to be fairly large- would they have a lending library? i have a bunch of music with me, but i don't know if any of it is chamber. i'll poke through it and see if there is anything suitable... wouldn't it be great if we could find a violist and have a proper quartet?

(visions of performing gigs and fame and fortune swim before my eyes... the expat quartet plays hong kong cultural center...)

I teach and play piano. I think APA has a fairly large collection of music scores in their school library. I love chamber music, especially trios and quartets !

... oh right, I also used to be a percussionist

well should we try getting together and just read sometime? i go back to the states for a week starting sept 1, adn then i start work as soon as i get back, but i'm fairly free until then...

yea. that would be cool

i juz saw that email mentioning the new club function, maybe we should create a chamber music club and get more people to play !

anyway, anyone know how to create those clubs? ????

Quote Originally Posted by littlecabbage:
    i play cello- i've played mostly piano trios in the past but quartets would be great too if we have more strings.. Do you know where one can borrow music in HK? And where's best to play?
    btw, i juz played that Shostakovich trio (no.2 ) twice right before i came back , the cello solo in the beginning is just awesome. i love that piece !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast