Dyson Vacuum Cleaners in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Dyson Vacuum Cleaners in Hong Kong?

As the move gets closer, an important question comes to mind - is there anywhere in Hong Kong that sells Dyson vacuum cleaners?

You could find it in citysuper.

bsh

Yes, Sogo in Causeway Bay, Sha Tin and a couple of stores in Kowloon. Look on their website.

However, they're very expensive here. I have someone bringing me one from the UK. Half the price.

Good product?

Quote Originally Posted by joyeelo
    Good product?
    Not worth the money.

any suggestion for home use vacuum cleaner?

Reasonable price with good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh

However, they're very expensive here. I have someone bringing me one from the UK. Half the price.

How much are they here? We had one when we were in Canada too and they were not very cheap there too. I think it was about CDN$6xx before taxes, so about HK$5,000.

I have a small Samsung that works really well, cost just under $1000

How big is your place/ where is it (new apartment tower high up or out of town and close to the ground where more dirt and dust come in)/ do you have pets/ do you have large area carpets?

If you place is small and without much carpet, just about any of the Fortress canister vacs will be fine, if you have specific needs then you need to look for a vacuum that meets them. Would suggest, in any case, a bagless vacuum which is easier to empty and one with a HEPA filter.

If your home is larger and you have pets/ carpets would definitely recommend an investment in the upright Dyson. Although it isn't cheap (in HK or elsewhere) I think it was the most useful thing I've bought in HK given that we have a large dog who sheds. The customer service and warranties for Dyson are pretty good. If you purchase from Lane Crawford they will pick it up for service and deliver it back to your place if you have any maintenance issues with it.

My friends with dogs swear by the Dyson 'Animal'. We have a regular Dyson back home that we bought after putting some new carpeting down. Has worked quite well.

That said, there is just no need for it here unless you have quite a bit of carpeting. Most places are rather small, and carpeting seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I'd be more tempted to just buy a Roomba for sweeping up the dust every day (but I haven't seen Roombas for sale here, only knock off versions).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast