Weather in HK

Closed Thread

Weather in HK

Hi,

Can those of you living in HK tell me about the weather?

How much does it rain in the humid season? Every day?

How many days do you have clear skies?

Is it hot and sticky all the time? Is it bearable?

Thanks a lot to all for your opinions

Put it this way, you do not want to be in HK in the summer unless you have no option. It is no place to visit in summer as it is unbearably humid and sticky and you just become too conscious of it all the time to enjoy yourself. That's why I never stay around in summer. I stay in HK from November to around about April and then go back home. That way, I enjoy temperate weather all year. It's already getting really hot and humid right now, so it's not recommended that you visit. It'll be like this pretty much until October/November.

All the climate info you could possibly want for HK is here:
    http://www.hko.gov.hk/cis/climat_e.htm

Where is home hknewbie100 ?

Where is your home, HKnewbie100 ?

I just want to see if it is better than the SF bay area ?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Braddockrd:
    Hi,

Can those of you living in HK tell me about the weather?

How much does it rain in the humid season? Every day?

How many days do you have clear skies?

Is it hot and sticky all the time? Is it bearable?

Thanks a lot to all for your opinions
    i just moved here to hk about 2 months ago. dont care much for the weather at all. it s really warm and humid from april to end of oct. if your travel plans are flexible...choose nov to march...you ll be glad you did.

After the winter we've had in England, I can't wait for a bit of sticky hot humidity (3 weeks and counting)!

Braddockrd--
    Have you always lived in Boston/Mass? HK is bound to be hotter, more humid and wetter than Beantown. The latitude is like Mexico only SE Asia is wetter. More like Florida than Massachusetts.
    Looking at the weather there, it seems to be more humid, but not as hot, as Atlanta. I know I have seen long discussions about it being too cold when the temps hit 50 F (mostly because the homes aren't all heated) and long discussions around the rarity of blue skies.

deleteduser

I can't believe people are complaining about April weather... It doesn't get really bad until mid-June!

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    I can't believe people are complaining about April weather... It doesn't get really bad until mid-June!
    Okay, that is true. But, regardless of hot weather month, the weather in Atlanta is likely to be temperature hotter and less humid than HK. In the winter, HK is likely to be both warmer and more humid. Compared to Boston, HK is always going to be temperature hotter and more humid. Regardless of month.

Thanks a lot, guys. That is very helpful!