shots- eek!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

shots- eek!

can anyone tell me what kind of shots and innoculations i need before moving to hk, if any?

you seemed to be a typical CT worrier.

You really don't need anything but given the exposure you will have here (especially a lot of sea food incl. shell fish) it is advisable to be up-to-date with you Hep injections.

Other than that you do not need anything else. You can always visit the doctor here and seek advise.

Don't worry...be cool.

You might wanna get a flu shot since you appear to be a little hypochondriacal. As you may know, we have some particularly virulent strains out in the Far East heh, whoa, my 666th post. Mark of the beast

deleteduser

Definitely a flu shot. Flu season started about the time I arrived last month, and I got hit with a nasty one within 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Definitely a flu shot. Flu season started about the time I arrived last month, and I got hit with a nasty one within 2 weeks.
    And a flu shot in the US targetted at the strains that were prevalent in the US last year would have helped?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    You might wanna get a flu shot since you appear to be a little hypochondriacal. As you may know, we have some particularly virulent strains out in the Far East heh, whoa, my 666th post. Mark of the beast

hypochondriacal? jay i'll beat you up. i'm small, but since i'm asian i posess secret kung fu skills.

i'm asking because i was told by several people here that i'd have to get shots...

In the the last few years they have developed a new hepatitis vaccine called "Twinrix" for Hep A and B. Hep B is very common amongst Asians so you may want to get the shot before you leave. It's also not a bad idea to get a tetanus update just to be safe.

That said, you don't *need* any shots if you really are afraid of needles.

p.s. if you plan on travelling a bit to the bush in some other countries, you may want to look into malaria treatments.

Distemper and rabies for a start

Seriously though you don't really need any injections.

heh, if you haven't had an MMR in a while you might wanna get one of those. tetanus is good too if you haven't had once recently....nothing you really NEED though.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And a flu shot in the US targetted at the strains that were prevalent in the US last year would have helped?
    It seemed to help my girlfriend, who got a flu shot at work and didn't get the flu after living with me for a week.

So yes.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast