Two weeks to go !

Closed Thread

Two weeks to go !

Hi All,

I now have two weeks to go before I finally leave London for HK. I think I have everything under control but there is a lot to organise. The shipping company are coming in next week to pack up the furniture and the paperwork is almost complete.

I just wanted to ask the question about what I else I need to ensure that I should do before I leave London ? Are there any other tasks which are frequently forgotten about until it's too late ? Is there anything I should be buying before I leave due to unavailability in HK ? Heinz baked beans maybe ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
    Rick

Make sure you take your paperwork with you. birth and marriage certificates etc that kind of thing.

Hi Rick,
    We arrived from london last weekend and have been able to find everything we wanted so far with no trouble whatsoever.
    everything I thought I would miss is right here along with a whole range of exciting stuff I never even heard of....
    I got sarsons and colemans no problem !!!
    Check your immunisations are up to date as you will have to pay here. and maybe stock up on any prescription stuff...
    Our shipping company quoted 6-7 weeks for the shipment to arrive but it turns out it will only take 4 which is great news.
    As long as you have important documents then you don't need to worry about anything else. Except an umbrella!! it has rained at least once every day since I got here at it isn't the rainy season yet.

Good luck.I hope you enjoy your first week as much as we have.

Janet

Thanks

Thanks for the tip.

Currently I have the following list of paperwork:

Passport (+ a dozen copies of the photo page)
    Birth Certificate
    Temporary HK ID card (have to pick up proper card when I go back to HK)
    Driving License

Anything else ?

I have seen Heinz Baked Beans in the supermarket here, so you dont need to worry about that. Just bring lots of clothes & shoes if you are anything other than small size and above size 38-39 in Europe.