Certificate of no impediment

Closed Thread

Question Certificate of no impediment

Hi there

My boy-friend and I have decided that we will get married soon. He is Australian, also is British Citizen. And I was born in Hong Kong (HK permanent Identity holder). We both still have been thinking that where should we get married. However we found out some information from different website. It says if we get marry in UK or Scotland. I have to show my HK passport or Birth Cert. and the Certificate of no impediment which is make sure that I have never get married in HK.(I am free to get married) <<< you know that Certificate is pretty annoying to me. I visited the website which is HK immigration before. It says this should be done at least 21days before you leave HK. (But I am in UK at the moment) It's really confuse and annoying. Therefore I don't think we will get married in UK or Scotland. Do you know is that Cert. is very important to me to get married in overseas? The other thing is if we get married in HK is it should be no problom? Does he also needs the Certificate of no impediment when he get married in HK? After get marriage I would like to change my visa to spouse visa (UK). Is it quite difficult to get it? My boy-friend & his mum will be my sponser. Also my boy-friend wants to live in HK for a couple yrs, however he worry about that he can't find a job in HK (He hasn't got any degree or high qualification), also his visa's problom!? What do you think? I am so confuse and I have got headache during this while. Does anyone can help me or somebody also has same situation!? Also I have to leave UK coming April (very soon) Therefore I have to decide what will we do next before I leave UK...... HELP !!!!!

>> Cert. is very important to me to get married in overseas

Yes, how would the authority on the other side of the fence know that you're not a bigamist?

P.S, unless you break the rest of your post into paragraphs.. no one, including myself is going to bother reading it.

have u tried the embassy

You should try with the Hong kong embassy in the UK, they might able to issue it, I know 4 fact other embassies do. good luck.

Hey KnowItAll and everyone. The message makes you not easy to read. I am sorry about that.

Hey vonx1 & Paul & KnowItAll

Thanks very much for your reply. I will try to ring Chinese Embassy (UK) up ask about that. Thanks a lot.

Emigra

hello

For the HK immigration section:

If you are a permanent resident for Hong Kong then you don't need to apply for a visa yourself. Your husband can apply for a dependant visa, which will also allow him to work without having to apply for a working visa (because you are a permanent resident).

One of the major factors of a successful dependant visa case is that you both have a good combined net value (in savings or property) recently I have seen people who have been turned down because of this.