Camping Gear

Closed Thread

Camping Gear

please plesae can someone tell me where I can find a shop to buy a small tent, mattress, lamps, sleeping bags etc. basically all to do with being able to go and camp with the right gear.... cannot find a shope that sells these things anywehere!!!! Help!!!! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tania:
    please plesae can someone tell me where I can find a shop to buy a small tent, mattress, lamps, sleeping bags etc. basically all to do with being able to go and camp with the right gear.... cannot find a shope that sells these things anywehere!!!! Help!!!! thank you!
    I find it strange that you can't find anywhere to sell those gear becase camping and outdoor activities is big with locals in HK especially during summer.

You can get all the stuff you need at these places:

RC Outfitters
    1/F, 134-136 Sai Yeung Choi St. South, Mongkok, Kowloon.

Hong Kong Mountaineering Training Centre
    G/F, 1K Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok, Kowloon

Chamonix Alpine Equipment
    1/F, On Yip Building, 395 Shanghai St., Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon

The Overlander
    Rm 17-23, 12/F, Hollywood Plaza, 610 Nathan Rd., Mongkok, Kowloon.

Thank you very much speedy for your answer. Have made note of your suggestions and will check them out next week. I should have mentionned in my original message that I wanted an address in central. I kind of knew it would be in Kowloon and even in Mogkok... I was actually dreading the reply as I hate getting up there for the simple reason that it takes at least three hours to there, buy and get back.... I only had available max one hour to shop ... wanted to go camping this morning and only had one hour yesterday to spare for shopping.... That is the thing that gets me in HK... every thing takes such a long time.... but all the same thanks so very much... will have to go in Mongkok...

Any chance Toys R Us in CWB have camping stuff?

http://www.protrek.com.hk/gear/campingaccess.htm

These guys have stores all over Hong Kong
    PROTREK Phone
    Hong Kong: 156-157 Connaught Rd C, Sheung Wan 2850 7900
    Hong Kong: 46 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai 2529 6988
    Hong Kong: G13,G/F Kornhill Road, Tai Koo 2885 3566
    Kowloon: 466 - 472 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei 2332 8699
    N.T.: 56-58, Level 2, Discovery Park Shopping Centre, Tsuen Wan 2413 9922
    N.T.: 2256-2258, Level 2, Sunshine City Plaza, Ma On Shan 2695 9622
    N.T.: 378-380, L3, Sun Yuen Long Centre, Yuen Long 2479 1399

check this out for list of camping equipment shops http://www.hiking.com.hk/specequip.htm

unfortunately there is no shop in central on the list and according to my limited knowledge Maybe rent in Central is too expensive for those shops

Thank you all for your suggestions... now spoilt for choices... and agreed that it might be too expensive to rent space in central and still be able to get the stuff at reasonable price....

There's an Eastern Mountain Sports in Sheung Wan (almost Central) if I remember correctly...