Like Tree1Likes

Prettiest Places in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Stonecutters bridge will be the main artery for the HK-MO-ZH bridge
    ... which is another wildly expensive (and environmentally destructive) white elephant!

A white elephant which will in this case kill off white dolphins.

Stonecutters bridge will be the main artery for the HK-MO-ZH bridge as it will directly connect Kowloon with the Tsing Ma Bridge, thus, it's pretty important, like with most infrastructure, vitually all hk residents and tourist will economically benefit from this bridge, as well as increases the convenience to people who want to travel macau and zhuhai via public transport other than the ferry.
    Is this copied from a government press release? Because it is complete BS. Stonecutters bridge by itself is a joke in terms of use of public money, together with the travesty that is the Pearl River Delta bridge it is an absolute abomination.
    Last edited by beachball; 08-06-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Indeed - I can see no justification for the HK-MO-ZH bridge except Gordon Wu's vanity.

But since you paid for it with your hard-earned money, go right ahead, make yourself comfortable when you get there and enjoy your read.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Stonecutters bridge will be the main artery for the HK-MO-ZH bridge as it will directly connect Kowloon with the Tsing Ma Bridge, thus, it's pretty important, like with most infrastructure, vitually all hk residents and tourist will economically benefit from this bridge, as well as increases the convenience to people who want to travel macau and zhuhai via public transport other than the ferry.
    It was meant to save 5 minutes getting to the airport. Each time I have tried it seems to take 2-3 mins longer. All such claims seem to have been dropped now. The other justification was to alleviate potential congestion on the existing routes. There is NEVER any congestion on these routes and surely the first step would be congestion management such as peak time tolls rather than splash billions of new roads for cars (Only 2 franchised buses use the route so it really is public money being spent for the privileged few). If there is talk of increasing traffic for HK owned ports then buy some land in Zhuhai and build the port over there. Rant over
    Last edited by East_coast; 09-06-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Try going to east of Sai Kung, take this bus to Wong Shek ferry terminal, that bus only runs on weekends and holidays, then from there take a boat, about 20 minutes, and another 20 minute hike and you're at this beach that's amazing, not packed like other beaches here too... the hike and the view is amazing

sorry my directions were anything but specific but i've only been there once and my friend led us there. its gorgeous because you're looking at the south china sea and there's nothing in front of you but blue water...

by the end of the trip, going back to the city it felt as if i went to a different country that day!

Quote Originally Posted by bechampions:
    Try going to east of Sai Kung, take this bus to Wong Shek ferry terminal, that bus only runs on weekends and holidays,
    Buses to Wong Shek run every 30 minutes or so every day from Sai Kung. They only run from Diamond Hill on weekends & holidays.

I guess you went to a beach on Tap Mun.

i really dont know where i was, all i knew was that it took all in all over 2 hours to get there but was definitely worth it!

You can try Tai Mei Tuk at Shuen Wan, Tai Po district. You can get there by car, bus or minibus. If you are driving I recommend Bride's Pool, Luk Keng and Pat Sin Leng Country Park. If you are not sure where it is and how to get there try google map the place first.

URL: http://maps.google.com.hk/

Type in: Tai Mei Tuk, Shuen Wan

Last edited by via; 29-06-2010 at 03:49 PM.

The Thai cafe on the beach at Deep Water Bay on a Sunday afternoon.

Great for a beer and food.