Best place to have a Tux/Suit made?

Closed Thread

Best place to have a Tux/Suit made?

Hey y'all, where's the best place to have a Tux or Suit made here in HK? How much do they go for usually?

I doubt many people here have had more than one made at different places to be able to make a comparative judgement, but I am certainly happy with mine which I got from Taipan Row (http://www.taipanrow.com IE only, not Firefox-compatible). Their current advertised price for a tux suit and dress shirt is HK$4000, but I believe that is haggleable, particularly if you are buying other stuff at the same time.

You can certainly get quite a lot cheaper (or more expensive) than that, so it depends really what your price/quality trade-off is.

thanks PDLM... i'll look into it. yep i'm sure you're right. not a lot even have one or ever use one that often.

how long does it take them to make a set?

just checked the site, says the short tux's go for about 4.8k now

Look on the front page (not just at the product pages) - there is a special offer at $4000...

They'll rush it through in a few days if you need to, but my preference when getting suits made is to take as many fittings as necessary and not put the tailor under pressure resulting in a less than perfect job. So in general I would leave at least two weeks from first measurement to completed article. But then I am a fairly non-standard shape so I guess I might be more difficult to fit than most.

Last edited by PDLM; 08-05-2006 at 04:26 PM.

oh you're right i missed that. but does that include the pants too?

Yes. Trousers, jacket & dress shirt.

thanks a bunch PDLM... been a big help.