Is Living in Wan Chai Safe?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

You are safer there than in most of New York, though there are other areas that don't have as much of a rep as where you are. I have a couple single female friends who live in Wan Chai (and know, not the kind I pay by the hour--nice girls). They really don't report much of a problem. Usually they come home wearing a suit, as compared to the women in the clubs who are wearing thongs or something.

Guys will get grabbed, sometimes, by the mamas trying to get you into the club, but when you are walking with a woman, they usually leave you alone. I do remember one time I was walking about five paces ahead of the wife as I needed to get something and a mamasan grabbed me. I got away but when the wife came back her first words "you are going to wash that hand the minute we get home".

Quote Originally Posted by sebbb:
    i work round the block as well: as said, very lively, lots of bars and restaurants, lots of shops and very safe.

if u're in trouble, once known by people (and girls) living and working there, they might even take more care of you than other shop tenders round the corner. and this is true worldwide!

enjoy...
    I agree with sebbb. Once they realize/determine how nice you are (a general feeling of openness will do), they will even protect you and give you advice on who to avoid, what to be careful about, etc.

:-D

I took a look at the building...Fenwicks is actually in the bldg across the street from her apt

That's better that it's actually across the street. Sounds like it'll be a pretty colorful experience living there. The building is very nice inside and I'm on a high floor so it shouldn't get too noisy.

Let me know when you guys are there watching football, I'll come down to join you guys!

you buying?

eanniemeanie, check your PM.

I stayed

In defenwick building for a month and the only thing thats gonna piss you off about the place is that they provide an in room washing machine, but the "drying room" is located on the 9th floor, which has one small tumble dryer that holds about 1 long sock and a pair of Underpants, oh and you have to book it to use it, and you can never get a time...
    I know, I know theres children starving in the world and its not really a big deal but I bet the starving kids don't have to go out with wet jeans on ever...

Also its above Devils Advocate not Fenwicks the club, Fenwicks does indeed have some questionable ladies and ladyboys of the night working there but whatever blows your skirt up I say... You're more likely to get laid in wanchai be you a girly or a boy than robbed...

My girlfriend and I both live on Lockhart road....above the Ming Court Hotel of all places.....I can't imagine a safer place to live....all of the working girls are very nice, there's always police about and the only dodgy stuff is those big fat American sailors (how do those ships float!!!) every month...

If you are looking to make friends in the area give me and the missus a PM and we'll take you fro a beer...

Fantastic place, lived here for a few years

just beware of those 2 characters Max and Jay prowling around...oh wait, nevermind!

Hi Eanniemeanie

I work in Wanchai on Queens Road East (a couple of blocks from where you are). Let me know if you want to meet up for a drink sometime. Mes Amis which is on Lockhart near you is a nice bar.

Before I moved here I used to stay in the Wharney hotel a lot. I would say that you as a girl are safer than a guy in that area!

Let me know if you want to get a drink after work some time

M