Lost HK ID !!!

Closed Thread

Exclamation Lost HK ID !!!

Lost my HK Id and really need to know what to do asap!

I've filled a police report but couldn't remember my HK id number, so i've got a report without the ID number. I'm assuming that i need to go to Immigration with this report but will that be enough?

HELP Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Curly:
    Lost my HK Id and really need to know what to do asap!

I've filled a police report but couldn't remember my HK id number, so i've got a report without the ID number. I'm assuming that i need to go to Immigration with this report but will that be enough?

HELP Please!
    Just contact immigration and they will issue another for you. Wont cost much and assuming you had one of the new smart id cards they will have your thumb prints and details on file. They issue replacements pretty quickly I'm led to believe.

yup head to wanchai asap and get it sorted, shouldn't take long though as all your details will be on file somewhere.

So do i just need to take my passport or something else as well?

Passport should be good enough. No need to file a police report, just go to Immigration and they'll replace it for you for around $300.

Went to get a replacement for my lost ID today - cost was $395 and they want to see your passport.