Upstairs neighbour noise - lodging a complaint?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gloriab:
    Unfortunately, it would be impossible to make friends with the people in the flat above my neighbours because that flat is empty right now....would have been an interesting idea though! Does anyone have any personal experience in taking legal action or making an official complaint against noisy neighbours? Unfortunately, it seems like this is a very common problem in Hong Kong!
    The flat above them is empty, can you move in that flat

Here' what we do as we have a similar issue but made worse by the fact that they are hard party goers and usually come back at 3.00in the morning and the lady is walking around with her heels.

Call your concierge each time the noise starts and insist that they go up and tell the people to be quiet.

Trust me that they will also start getting embarassed and the concierge guys will get fed up with the constant having to go up.

Does not seemed to have much of an affect.

Next plan is to write a letter to the people above you.

Report noise related complaints online

https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/e...laintNoise.htm

too bad its illegal to shoot ignorant people

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

If it is after eleven pm call your local police station-you should have a beat cop or two with you in a few minutes.
    Most people will not open their door if they don't know you.

Will the cops come around even to an Apt building. I thought they will try and tell u to sort it out with your building security ?

My guys above us are a nuisance. Only last week the block came back from a bender night out and then made a lot of noise trying to get into the apt.

He was so drunk that he slept outside and the neigbour saw him like that the next morning. But the noise before that was shocking.

Often he comes back at 3.00am and then his partner and him get into an arguement etc.

Getting fed up as the time as almost always around 3.00am !

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Hey its a complaint that has been recorded at the control room of course they are going to come-and fast too.
    I once found a wallet near the entrance to my building, and rather then trudging down to the cops I called them and one of them came over , took my statement and was on his way - all done in under 30 mins.
    If you find a person lying in the public area of your building-that is a great time to call 999- and let the ambulance guys cart him away.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Report noise related complaints online

https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/e...laintNoise.htm
    Haha, they have everything from animals to video games to MJ as a source of noise, but nothing involving people just being fucking loud and inconsiderate!

Noise laws: Peace & Quiet from 7pm-7am

Quote Originally Posted by Petesy:
    If they drill between 11 pm - 7 am you can lodge a complaint with the police and the Environmental Protection Department.

Tell your landlord/management office you will call the police. It may work wonders.

It's 7pm-7am. Any noise outside this time, call the police (not emergency services, just the police noise complaint hotline or your local police station) and they'll send some officers. This will sort it out and is immensely satisfying, evin if you have to do it 2-3 times. People can get in real trouble for making noise in this town. Oddly enough.

Seriously, go and have a chat with them first, 9 times out of 10 people can sort things out between them without resorting to 'the authorities'.