Upstairs neighbour noise - lodging a complaint?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Upstairs neighbour noise - lodging a complaint?

Help! I have extremely noisy upstairs neighbours who walk around with their shoes (with high heels) on wood floors constantly - which is extremely disturbing and bothersome to us! Our concierge has asked them 3 times to please not wear shoes with heels around their flat and to be considerate of their downstairs neighbours....however, they continue to outright deny and ignore our complaints. I am extremely frustrated and wondering if anyone has recommendations? For example, can I lodge a complaint with the Hong Kong Housing Authority?

make friends with the people in the flat above your neighbours and get them to pound around on the floors...maybe they will take the hint

You know that might be a good way to do it. Not being rude, it would be a way for them to hear what you're hearing and they might just have a laugh with you and get it. I hope so anywat.

I don't think being friends with them will work, esp if they are blatantly ignoring your requests.

I'd be interested to see how you take this further since my wife and I are going through something similar with our neighbours above having construction work with drilling and the like out of hours...our Landlord doesn't seem to do anything about our complaints.

Unfortunately, it would be impossible to make friends with the people in the flat above my neighbours because that flat is empty right now....would have been an interesting idea though! Does anyone have any personal experience in taking legal action or making an official complaint against noisy neighbours? Unfortunately, it seems like this is a very common problem in Hong Kong!

if the noise is so annoying, i would suggest you go upstairs and talk to them politely and see if they would listen to you. there is no legal action you can take against people who make noise with their shoes on at their own house.

Invest in two 250w powered subwoofers and some Southern 'Crunk' music. See how they like that

both the previous suggestions are good. try to make friends with your neighbours above and if that doesn't work, mount a subwoofer to your ceiling and crank it!!!!

Well, as long as it's getting nitty gritty.........what if every time they clomp on the floor, wrap on the ceiling with a broom handle or something?
    That way, you won't annoy the other neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by gdawe5:
    I'd be interested to see how you take this further since my wife and I are going through something similar with our neighbours above having construction work with drilling and the like out of hours...our Landlord doesn't seem to do anything about our complaints.
    If they drill between 11 pm - 7 am you can lodge a complaint with the police and the Environmental Protection Department.

Tell your landlord/management office you will call the police. It may work wonders.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast