Gay? What's it like to be a friend of Dorothy in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Best place to meet gay single men seems to be the California Jackie Chan Fitness in TST. You boys might want to check out that place.

Actually if all we wanted to do was meet single gay men... then there are loads of places... but i'm thinking of forming a group of us GeoExpat-ers for something like a drinking group, or coffee, movie, and dinner club... something a bit relaxed and fun... like a support group for gay professionals... with NO PRESSURE whatsoever to be pretentious or act like a queen or anything.... does anyone have anyfriends that would like to join?

I propose this Saturday night or tommorrow night (Thursday)? Let me know...

I'm keen, prefer sat

Quote Originally Posted by Raised_Eyebrow:
    Actually if all we wanted to do was meet single gay men... then there are loads of places... but i'm thinking of forming a group of us GeoExpat-ers for something like a drinking group, or coffee, movie, and dinner club... something a bit relaxed and fun... like a support group for gay professionals... with NO PRESSURE whatsoever to be pretentious or act like a queen or anything.... does anyone have anyfriends that would like to join?

I propose this Saturday night or tommorrow night (Thursday)? Let me know...
    i'm up for saturday... something a bit more chill would be better - coffee/movie rather than drinking honestly, but i don't mind lol

and support group sounds like a great idea - there's actually a "fruits-in-suits" thing that happens every month somewhere in hk...something about gay professionals meeting up to keep up with their contacts and this and that, but it's all too pretentious from what i've heard. don't know, never been

...not too late to join in??

Hi JC , Hi everyone

found this thread browsing; not sure whether its still 'active' ..anyway, worth a shot!

I am moving from Australia to HK soon and had the same questions sfguy put at the beginning of the thread.. Some are partly answered..but if you guys are meeting for drinks , wouldbe graet to join in.. Planning to move in late Sept.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by euroaussie:
    Hi JC , Hi everyone

found this thread browsing; not sure whether its still 'active' ..anyway, worth a shot!

I am moving from Australia to HK soon and had the same questions sfguy put at the beginning of the thread.. Some are partly answered..but if you guys are meeting for drinks , wouldbe graet to join in.. Planning to move in late Sept.

Cheers
    yep it just suddently seems to have died lol, but hey, i'm still up for it

So it looks like no one took any action here ?!!?!! there better be something when I come!! hehe

When in Rome, you do the Romans...

I find that there are quite a few westerners to choose from; They do vary between "Mash Potato" to "Rice Queen" and everything else in between.

Like everything in HK, there is something for everyone any time, any day and anywhere.

I always find it is a case of "When in Rome... do the Romans..."

You will be amazed with local talent where ever you are in the world. The expat community here in HK are really friendly so i am sure you'll be able able to find something you like.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by karl:

Dating other westernerns may be more of a challenge. Most of the western guys are rice queens, and the cutest boys are all asian. So your tastes may well shift once you get here.

Drop me a line if you'd like to chat more.
    Last edited by hairwax81; 29-07-2006 at 01:02 PM.

Hi guys,

I would also be really interested in meeting up with sometime. I've been here about a year and haven't really made any new western friends. Although I love the locals who have taken me into their fold, I do really miss talking wih people who get my pop culture references and understand my sense of humor.

I'm not really good a meeting people in bars, and the guys on gay web sites are all focused on you know what. So the whole meet up for coffee/movie/etc. sounds great!

Did this ever get off the gournd??

Hi

Been here less than a week and wondered if the coffee thing ever got off the ground. Trying to give my liver a rest while away from London so coffee/chat/dinner/movies would be good with a good bunch of guys

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast