Lizards!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lizards!!!

Help,

found a lizard in my apt. anyone has any idea how to prevent them from coming in - i don't even leave the windows open.

They are your friends- they control the bug population naturally!

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by skier:
    Help,

found a lizard in my apt. anyone has any idea how to prevent them from coming in - i don't even leave the windows open.
    Depends on what lizards you're referring to...

Assuming you mean geckos (maybe 2-8cm (1-3 inches) long) then they are a good thing not a bad thing, and perfectly harmless. They'll get in some way if they want so don't worry about them.

Have a flick through this thread for a recent discussion on geckos in homes...

My personal feeling is that as long as they're not leaving a mess, they're welcome in any home of mine.

yes i mean geckos - i was told they called them lizards here. anyone has any idea where i can buy the traps? I don't want to call the pest control coz i know it will cost a bomb.
    know they are not harmful, but just the thought of them crawling around and sharing my apt give me the creeps. sharing my apt with a cold blooded thing isn't my cup of tea..

The only cockroach we have had in our place came up through the drain in the bathroom for when you have a flood. Immediately I taped over it with industrial strength tape and we haven't had a problem since. A much better option that killing it and having to deal with disposal - just hope we never flood the bathroom because nothing is going through that grate ever again.

The better solution is to pour water down that grate - underneath it there is (or should be) a u-bend trap. Provided that is full of water nothing that can't dive is going to get in. One of the lessons from Amoy Gardens in the SARS hysteria was the value of keeping those traps full to avoid other noxious things entering the apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    Depends on what lizards you're referring to...
    the ones he/she may find hanging out in a Lockhart Road jiggy bar maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by skier:
    yes i mean geckos - i was told they called them lizards here. anyone has any idea where i can buy the traps? I don't want to call the pest control coz i know it will cost a bomb.
    know they are not harmful, but just the thought of them crawling around and sharing my apt give me the creeps. sharing my apt with a cold blooded thing isn't my cup of tea..
    Will you dare to clear its body from the trap when it is dead?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast