Espana - Travel Advice Request

Closed Thread

Espana - Travel Advice Request

Hola,

I'm planning a 12~14 days trip to Espana departing from Hong Kong by end of May. The key cities or places that I would like to visit are Madrid, Bacelona, Valencia, mijas; if time is sufficient will also visit Sevilla, Toledo and or Ibiza. I will need to confirm the air ticket very soon, just wondering if it's a proper flight route when departing from HK to Madrid, and return from Bacelona, or some other ways round? Please let me know if you've any suggestion.

p.s. would be much appreciated if you could suggest an initerary according to my places of visit.

Thanks a lot!

No idea about Spain. But found the very cheap tickets to Europe including Spain, fare from HKD3599, not very bad schedule, hope it helps...
    http://www.zuji.com.hk/web/content/h...tar_promo.html
    have fun

Bilbao and Pamplona!!!

If you are travelling in early July, don't miss the oppurtunity to run with the bulls in Pamplona. One of the stupidest things I've ever done, but a great memory I'll never forget.

Bilbao, in the north Basque country is also a nice place to visit if you end up going north from Madrid. If you go to Sevilla and Toledo, you might as well stop and see Grenada. There is some great Moorish history and culture there.

Madrid is fun for a couple days and the tapa bars are fantastic.

Barca is fun for endless days. Catalan country is quite nice, relaxed Mediterranean culture, and Las Ramblas is just cool!!!! Again, Tapas are great here and night life goes on until the sun rises each day.

Ibiza is a serious party island so make sure this is what you're looking for. Its world famous for all night parties and a lot of fun can be had here if this is what you're into. Even if your not into this type of nightlife, the island is actually very beautiful. You can rent a car and just drive around and across the island for a day. There are some beautiful coastal areas to visit. Most do not see these areas due to daily hang overs and instinctive returns to the bars and clubs each evening. LOL...

Enjoy Espana....

Quote Originally Posted by Purificacion:
    Hola,

I'm planning a 12~14 days trip to Espana departing from Hong Kong by end of May. The key cities or places that I would like to visit are Madrid, Bacelona, Valencia, mijas; if time is sufficient will also visit Sevilla, Toledo and or Ibiza. I will need to confirm the air ticket very soon, just wondering if it's a proper flight route when departing from HK to Madrid, and return from Bacelona, or some other ways round? Please let me know if you've any suggestion.

p.s. would be much appreciated if you could suggest an initerary according to my places of visit.

Thanks a lot!

Costa Brava

Quote Originally Posted by Purificacion:
    Hola,

Thanks a lot!

ooohhh.. lucky you! I LOVE SPAIN!! Great food - Great people - Great music - awesome festivals

Hey if you're travelling by car at some point near Barcelona - I would DEFINITELY recommend going up to Costa Brava which is the northern coast between Spain and France - AMAZING clear water beachs! It's just small (& old) fishing towns...

PAMPS- One of the best festivals I went to in Spain!! Oh.. plus Tomatina near Valencia (end of Aug)

San Sebastian is gorgeous too - great tapas and beach!

Some suggestions for Spain:

1. In Madrid take time to view the beautiful art museums. Picasso's most famous painting The Guernica is in Madrid. There are about 3 art museums that are mind blowing. Go for a bullfight show or a flamenco dance show.
    2. Take a day trip to Toledo by train.
    3. Take the fast train to Seville and see around the city in a day.
    4. From Seville you can either go south to Costa del Sol and the beach towns or take the train to Granada. The fort at Granada is fantastic.
    5. From Granada again take the overnight train to Barcelona. Nice chill out place with Antonio Gaur'is strange but exquisite architecture. The flower street has great atmosphere.
    6. From Barcelona take the train back to Madrid.

Check out www.fodors.com/forums and choose Europe and ask more questions.

Salamanca

Why there's no one mentioning Salamanca? It's near Madrid, around 40mins to 1 hr by bus. A really nice small town. All buidlings are of similar yellowish brown color (don't know how to describe). The Plaza Mayor is said to be the most beautiful one in Spain. One day visit is enough, if you're in a rush, spend half a day then. Don't miss the Cathedral and look for the famous skul and frogl, and also the astronauts, and monster eating ice-cream on the pole....

QUOTE=Purificacion]Hola,

Thanks a lot!
    [/QUOTE]