Biking in HK

Biking in HK

Hello there,
    We will move to HK and we are wondering if we have to take our bikes or leave them here.
    Are there possibilities to do biking tours in the weekend somewhere around HK?
    Thanks in advance.
    Heike

You can take your bike here and do biking tour. But don't expect the biking routes are as good as those at the Western countries because the place here is small.

I am in a similar situation. I have both a mountain and a road bike. Should I bring them both or just the mountain bike?

The only place i biked in Hong Kong is around Sha Tin, there are plenty of tracks around there. Havn't really tried on Hong Kong island, and is probably not the perfect place to bike. (only my opinion, just with the pollution, traffic, etc)

I tried rollerblading once in central, it was interesting!

There are some great mountain biking trails on Lantau. The Chi Ma Wan peninsula has a great trail for some off road biking for example. You can bring your bike over on the ferry or rent one for next to nothing once on Lantau. I brought my bike over from London and don't regret it. We see lots of bikers here over the weekend and there are some diathalons and triathalons round here starting in the autumn.