HSBC Check deposit machines?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HSBC Check deposit machines?

Hi. I am a mom with a baby and it's been very challenging trying to find a HSBC check deposit machine around Central and Causeway Bay MTR stations where it's stroller friendly. I tried once to squeeze the stroller into that tiny "room" (not even qualified for an office!!) at Exchange Square - disastrous.. anyone knows where I may have some luck? I tried calling HSBC and they had no idea what i was talking about

The main branch has deposit machines which are outside near their entrance and accept check deposits.

Not sure where else the World's local bank has accessible atms.

The branch in Causeway Bay at 2-20 Paterson Street has a very large and stroller-friendly area with the ATMs and other machines in. MTR Exit E is the nearest. From the exit turn (I think) left - towards IKEA/Windsor House. At the junction the road crossing is Paterson Street, turn right and the bank is on your left.

The HSBC on 71-85 Hennessey Road near Wanchai MTR Exit B1(come out of the exit, and the bank is on the opposite site of Hennessy Road slightly towards Admiralty) is also large and stroller friendly. (Not where you asked for, I know.)

In Central I would go for the Branch at the big crossing by M&S - not the machines outside, but there's a lobby up a couple of steps with a cheque deposit machine inside. This is only a little bigger than the Exchange Square space, but it doesn't get as crowded.

The branch and ATM locator here: http://www.hsbc.com.hk/script/region...hk&locator=atm
    shows wheelchair accessibility which is a good proxy for strollers.
    This page lists the locations of cheque deposit machines on HK Island with opening hours http://www.hsbc.com.hk/hk/personal/b...pdf/cqm_hk.pdf

Hope that helps.

In my opinion, it would be much convenient to use the Check Drop-in Box rather than the Check Deposit Machine. For Check Drop-in Box, you just need to write down the account number to be deposit at the back, and then drop in the cheque. For Check Deposit Machine, you need to go through some processes, which are to reduce the workload of HSBC staff.

Smile

There is a larger HSBC along Des Voeux Road Central (just below the Delifrance). You may have to go up a couple of steps, but the cheque machine is on the ground floor and I believe has sufficient space for a stroller. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by greentea:
    In my opinion, it would be much convenient to use the Check Drop-in Box rather than the Check Deposit Machine.
    True if you don't need any receipt...

In my opinion, it would be much convenient to use the Check Drop-in Box rather than the Check Deposit Machine
    Uhmm...the original poster wants a stroller-friendly location.

Perhaps I'm being dumb, but could you explain why a Cheque Drop-In Box is less stroller-friendly than a Cheque Deposit Machine?

Let's just stick to offering advice that's relevant.

Of course it's relevant - the OP (and other readers) may not even be aware of the Cheque Drop-In boxes which are a much quicker and easier way to deposit cheques in your bank account if you don't need a receipt and you are doing the deposit during branch opening hours.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast