Well, I just arrived on Saturday and while my husband has been here and taken care of a lot of things, I have a few questions.
1. We are living in mid-levels west, and while I love the location, I fell in love with Stanley and Repulse Bay after a trip there on Sunday. Do you get more for your money out there? We are wanting to move to something a bit less hectic, and were considering some places is mid level central too, simply because you get nice views of the mountains. How much typically are landlords willing to negotiate off the listed price (renting)?
2. Where would I find information about driving licenses, buying a car, etc? Are they typically cheaper in Hong Kong than in the States? This is what I have heard.
3. I have a few appliances I need to get, one of which is a dehumidifier. This may sound crazy or very common, but our towels barely dry by the morning time, and our toilet paper is always damp. Is this from the humidity, or do we just take really long showers? ;-) Do de-humidifiers really work? Where can I get one?
4. I have looked at both the YWCA and AWA websites for getting my bearings in Hong Kong and for some socializing ideas. Would you recommend one over the other?
5. Where is the best place to buy neat furniture? (no IKEA..been there) Is the stuff along Hollywood Road and downtown really overpriced or can you find good deals there?
I think that is it for now, but expect more later! Thanks for your responses, you guys and gals are always so helpful.