coolest place in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi all,
    At the moment my office is the coolest place in Hong Kong, staff keep on turning down the A/C it's freezing in here.

Gweilo

Wing, can you be more specific why you're asking the question?

Yes, the freezer rooms of restaurants like Balalaika (Lan Kwai Fong & TST) or Ivan (SoHo) are probably the coldest places but one would not want to spend excessive time in there.

Secondly, most indoor places will be cooler than outdoor places due to air conditioning. Want to get away from humidity and heat, go to a mall.

However, if you are strictly looking for outdoor places, consider going up in altitude; e.g. the Hong Kong Peak, Lantau Peak near Ngong Ping, Ma On Shan and so on. However, on a hot summer day that won't be enough to cool you down, in particular if you consider that you need to climb the mountain first.

Finally, if want to live in a place with below average temperatures, either move to the Peak, one of the most expensive area to live in a city where housing in general is expensive, or move to the outlying islands (Lamma, South Lantau (or Discovery Bay), which are slightly cooler than the densely populated areas of HK, Kowloon etc. because of lack of traffic. Air quality is also better although that is also relative.

moving

I am living in DB now and my lease is going to expire in July.

I am looking for a place to move to that I don't have to turn the air conditioning on most of the time. Now, practically I have my air conditioning running from March to December in Hong Kong.