Like Tree6Likes

net cost of a wedding in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

net cost of a wedding in Hong Kong

Hi,

Could anyone tell me some ball park figures of the "NET" cost for organising a wedding in Hong Kong?
    I'd like to keep a bridal registry, but I'm afraid guests may find it troublesome
    I know the cost varies hugely and depends on a lot of thing. I'm trying to be more descriptive and list a number of items I can think of:

- chapel wedding with floral decoration, registration etc.
    - dinner reception (5 courses with beverage) at either a 4/5 stars hotel with foral decoration
    - photographer for the day
    - wedding gown and suits
    - wedding rings

I would add the cost of the cake, bloody ridiculous price here IMO.

I think you need to add the number of expected guests for people to give you a cost for the reception.

Can't help you on the costs, we had as you describe (except not in a hotel) but it was provided by friends at cost - 10 did the catering for 250 people, 2 did the cake, 5 did the floral decorations, others did the dresses, photographers from an agency but just a token price, hairdresser ditto. All in it cost me about HK$30,000 I think. I'm guessing you need to add a zero and then multiply by some random number.

cath-asiaxpat likes this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added it to the list below:

- dinner reception for 80 people (5 courses with beverage) at either a 4/5 stars hotel with foral decoration
    - wedding gown and suits
    - wedding rings
    - wedding cake

Quote Originally Posted by cath-asiaxpat:

Hi,

Could anyone tell me some ball park figures of the "NET" cost for organising a wedding in Hong Kong?
    I'd like to keep a bridal registry, but I'm afraid guests may find it troublesome
    I know the cost varies hugely and depends on a lot of things. I'm trying to be more descriptive and list a number of items I can think of:

- dinner reception (5 courses with beverage) at either a 4/5 stars hotel with foral decoration
    - wedding gown and suits
    - wedding rings

Posted via Mobile Device

AFAIK Hong Kong is a bit short (are there any?) western-style wedding chapels. Confessing Christians would normally have their wedding in their own church, and most ministers will be wanting to see baptismal / membership certificates and do a premarital counselling course with couples who want to marry in their church premises.

anywhere between 100 000 and 200 000 (price of the rings, photographer and gowns/suit can influence a lot the total price)

You're going to need to clarify on the hotel too, Western or Asian 4/5 course dinner.

But ballpark figure for 80 people you're looking at around $1000 a head.

It's much cheaper during office hours

wedding feetable

hi there, get a professional wedding planner. They plan for money

elope.>>>>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast