Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ig.consulting
  • 1 Post By ig.consulting

chess sets and go sets

Closed Thread

chess sets and go sets

Does anyone know of a shop that stocks a range of chess sets and/or a range of go sets?

Thanks!

I apologize in advance for annoying anyone who's already seen my post on this topic in the shopping forum but "Everything Else" seems to get more traffic and I thought that I'd try here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    Does anyone know of a shop that stocks a range of chess sets and/or a range of go sets?

Thanks!

I apologize in advance for annoying anyone who's already seen my post on this topic in the shopping forum but "Everything Else" seems to get more traffic and I thought that I'd try here as well.
    Sorry I don't know the HK market on this.

If you are looking to do business with them or just looking for a good chess set and can travel, I know a location in another country.
    dear giant likes this.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm just looking to buy a couple of sets for my own use.

Work commitments are going to keep me from venturing outside HK for at least the next several months, but I'd still appreciate the info in case something changes or I can't find anything nice in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    Thanks for your reply!

I'm just looking to buy a couple of sets for my own use.

... I'd still appreciate the info in case something changes or I can't find anything nice in HK.
    the best chess set I have ever seen was in a tourist shop in Dahab, a resort for young people in Eqypt not far from Sharm el Sheik. Fancy chess sets will be sold in tourist areas. But I would inspect anything I got at a tourist store in Egypt with a very powerful microscope.

Also, the Mexicans do excellent work in stone especially onyx. Mexico City should have something good, especially the Zocalo and Zona Rosa districts.
    dear giant likes this.