Charity Shops

Closed Thread

Charity Shops

We have a bag full of clothes and shoes, pretty much new that we want to give to a charity shop....are there any in the Kennedy Town area that accept donations???

Not kennedy town, but the salvation army collection center is in Wanchai.

http://www.salvationarmy.org.hk/Serv...ble(e).htm#wcc

bringing up this old thread.

does anyone know what they will accept. i want to get rid of some stuff in my flat (mainly clothes, but some other household items as well).

also does anyone know any other charity shops around that will accept donations.

thanks!

I've noticed that there is kind of a 'community dumping' spot on Cat Street in Sheung Wan. Any clothing left next to the official garbage bin gets sorted through very quickly- I'm not sure where it ends up, but assume it finds its way to the various junk shops or in peoples' houses.

Another Idea

The Salvation Army here is very difficult to find. I took things there a couple of times but found it to cost me quite a lot just to get a taxi there with all the stuff, and sometimes even the taxi drivers have trouble finding it.

Now I just give my old things to my part time maid as a sort of "extra bonus" and tell her to give away whatever she doesn't want to keep. She loves it and it helps me out too.