Shouldn't the British be grateful being able to live in Hong Kong in such a safe city

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Shouldn't the British be grateful being able to live in Hong Kong in such a safe city

It is so right to say live day by day, because you are so not sure if you will still be alive tomorrow better make the most out of each day.

Carrying a knife in England is as normal as carrying a mobile. 51 stabbings over the weekend, one guy was stabbed to death on a train by a teenage for no reason, a school kid was stabbed to death while leaving his school on the way home. is it abnormal ? no, it is not abnormal, it is happening every day in every corner of the country. The government must do something about it before it is too late.

You may consider top up your life insurance before travelling to England. it is not a joke, you must pay extra attention and care when being in public places.

Good luck everyone and have a safe trip

Agree..especially in Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter:
    You may consider top up your life insurance before travelling to England.
    Er, I'm not sure I follow the logic here... you are saying that you should arrange for a bigger life insurance payout if you die in England than if you die in, say, Bulgaria?

Just out of curiosity, how much should we put on our life insurance for going to the USA then? More shootings in a week than England has in a year....

And finally, who exactly should the British be grateful to that HK is such a safe city (compared to, say, Shenzhen). Oh yes, that's right - the British.

Is the Britain really that bad and unsafe? I do believe the UK is safer than the US and China, at the least.

What an inane thread.

it sounds so scary n should i give a second thought of the UK moving plan??

Going there next week. If I get stabbed I'll let you guys know

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

inane but perfect for a soggy DBF day

Take your pick

Stabbed in London - 251,000 hits
    stabbed-in-london - Google Search

Stabbed in Manchester - 29,200 hits
    stabbed-in-manchester - Google Search

Stabbed in Hong Kong - 15,900 hits
    stabbed-in-hong-kong - Google Search

Stabbed in New York - 240,400 hits
    stabbed-in-new-york - Google Search

You make it sound like the UK is the wild west or something and people are getting stabbed on every street corner. Keep it in perspective eh?
    The UK is roughly 60m people and HK is roughly 6m, it's not really a great surprise that there is more crime in the UK is it? Manchester is fairly dodgy if you don't know your way around, but then I've heard the same said of Shenzhen on this forum, and in a few years when HK is truly integrated into china a lot of that will likely spread to HK.

In a similar vein to what PDLM said, shouldn't the HK chinese be grateful to the British for making it such a safe city for them?

If you truly are a reporter than you must work for the scaremongering Sun or Daily Mail. Ayukobaby, you've already been to England before and you liked it, judge it on your own experience not the ramblings of someone with a chip on his shoulder

haha very true johnny. Ive been there before and i dun find it dangerous at all. maybe i was with british all the time so i was safe. hehe but i did find british very friendly. just cross fingers for me when i move n i wont get stabbed LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC:
    If you truly are a reporter than you must work for the scaremongering Sun or Daily Mail. Ayukobaby, you've already been to England before and you liked it, judge it on your own experience not the ramblings of someone with a chip on his shoulder

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast