Stephen Hawking

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

we all live in a yellow submarine

A few years ago, while still in college, I ingested a certain fungus known as "philosopher's stones". This particular strain gave me an epiphany, so to speak. I found myself hotwired directly to a higher being that told me not to worry - all matter, down to subatomic particles, consisted of energy from this higher being, which itself consisted of the same energy. As long as I understood I was no more than energy in the cycle and that everything was transitional, nothing else really mattered. I was filled with bliss at this revelation.

Where did this being come from? It didn't tell me....

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

according to Chopra

Deepak that is...... "We are each a localized field of energy and information with cybernetic feedback loops interacting within a nonlocal field of energy and information."

Were you and he sharing philosopher stones, Jay?

If Jay had just said that the beginning of the universe happened when the 'supreme being' decided to try a joint then he would have been more believable

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    He had one of the best lines in any movie- 'I am a constant surprise, I am the hand up the Mona Lisa's skirt.'
    "Look, but don't touch.Touch, but don't taste. Taste, but don't swallow."....

"God is an absentee landlord!"

great lines...

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    A few years ago, while still in college, I ingested a certain fungus known as "philosopher's stones". This particular strain gave me an epiphany, so to speak. I found myself hotwired directly to a higher being that told me not to worry - all matter, down to subatomic particles, consisted of energy from this higher being, which itself consisted of the same energy. As long as I understood I was no more than energy in the cycle and that everything was transitional, nothing else really mattered. I was filled with bliss at this revelation.

Where did this being come from? It didn't tell me....
    It's official, people. Jay is now a scientologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutensa:
    we all live in a yellow submarine
    Quite possibly, but have you considered the possibility that it is, in fact, a colourless submarine and that it is the energy it produces that makes it seem yellow?

it's not a submarine at all, just a mass of energy that we perceive as being a 'yellow' 'submarine'.

Nice, so I'm a scientologist now huh. Actually, there's a church in the UK I'm considering joining...

UNIVERSAL CHURCH OF THE HOLY AND SACRED HERB - UCHASH: BASED IN Norwich, UK., very Christian influenced.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Telephone: +44 (0)1603 625780

UCHASH (say it like "You see hash")

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 02-06-2006 at 01:57 PM.

contenders

The 15 bladed razor represents the final, ultimate vision of the destroyer. Once this monumental shaving device has been achieved, all time, space and matter will begin to retract back to the void. This will be the sixth such occurence. All hail the return of the void! ======

still looking for that spark

Dont tell me you are all 'created out'
    There has not been a single theory insane enogh for me to submit
    Come on people I still have a few days to snag a seat...not withstanding what the papers say

Fix of quantum physics

If you were thinking about seeing renowned physicist Stephen Hawking speak next week at the University of Science and Technology, you're pretty much out of luck unless you've found a way to warp space and go back in time. The Cambridge professor, who achieved fame with his book A Brief History Of Time, is scheduled to deliver a lecture for the Institute for Advanced Study on "The Origin of the Universe" next Thursday at the university's Clearwater Bay campus.
    About 1,300 tickets were reserved for local university staff and students, with the remaining 500 open to members of the public who could apply for them through a lottery system. The applications were available from the university's website and the May 27 deadline is obviously way past. However, if you were smart enough to apply in advance, you find out today whether you're one of the lucky ones. The lecture will be broadcast live on the TVB Pay Vision News Channel and Cable TV's Live News Channel if you really need your fix of theoretical cosmology and quantum physics.