Mold suggestions

Closed Thread

Mold suggestions

Mold keeps growing on the side of my suitcase, and I keep scrubbing it off, but it always comes back.

Any suggestions?

Get a plastic hardside suitcase?

Keep it in an airconditioned or dehumidified room.

ok, short of running my a/c 24/7...which I would like to do, but the electric bill will be astronomical...any other suggestions?

I'm running my bedroom aircon 24/7 and a dehumidifier from time to time (plus the usual PC, lights, fridge, etc.) and my bill is running around HK$1000/month at the moment, which I don't think is too bad (i.e. the cost of an evening or two in LKF) for keeping the mould away.

For things you can store in close-fitting drawers or cupboards the chemical dehumidifier cartons & sachets work well, but you can spend several hundred dollars a month on those too...

Try rubbing some waterproofer on your suitcase?

I keep all my clothes, shoes, bags and dive equipement and other stuff in one closed door room about 3mx3m, with the dehumdifier going 24/7 and my electric bill including all other things is around $300, but I invested in a new large capacity, low energy dehumidifier a couple months ago.

The other thing might be to find a hideaway in your office to leave it in...they are normally sub-zero anyway!

Alternatively, try spraying a colloidal silver solution on your suitcase. It's supposed to kill the mold within minutes

Don't know why. I don't have any problem with moldings for living in HK for many several years. But I know that living in the lower floors, close to sea or at certain district, like Tseung Kwan O, will get those problems.