Indian food in Tsing Yi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Indian food in Tsing Yi

Hi,

Is there any hotel etc where i can get indian food in Tsing Yi.

Thanks

It's not a hotel, and it's not particularly authentic, but Chillie Sark in Maritime Square does a few Indian-style curry dishes. I quite like it...

I dare say Chillie Sark is the only "Indian" restaurant on Tsing Yi. But I do not like the food there very much. The curry there is too oily for my taste and their Lassie tends to be not so fresh. The Koh I Nor in Lan Kwai Fong is way better.

I heard that Chillie Sark is resonably good. No need to compare it with other high-end restaurants because the costs are different.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

fromindia your best bet for desi food would have to be in tst. There are places closer to you but unless you get a local to take you, that might be a problem.

==

vmlinuz- a hotel in india means restaurant. A place where you can stay is called a lodge.

Chillie Sark has since closed according to openrice.com...

I'd dare say it's hard to find authentic Indian in Tsing Yi... There's a small place near Central Street in "Sai Wan" that serves cheap and okay-ish Indian food for $36 (HK!!) at lunch for a drink, a soup and a main course (with rice or Naan bread).

Chilli Sark is still open!
    Favourites, Rogan Josh, Channa Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Roti Canai, Pilau Rice... hmm taste buds going now, looks like Take-Away tonight

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    vmlinuz- a hotel in india means restaurant. A place where you can stay is called a lodge.
    What does 'hostel' mean? An aggressive restaurant ???

Quote Originally Posted by loal:
    Chilli Sark is still open!
    Favourites, Rogan Josh, Channa Masala, Tandoori Chicken, Roti Canai, Pilau Rice... hmm taste buds going now, looks like Take-Away tonight
    Oops, sorry about that. that info came from Openrice... I'm going to take the info I get from there with a grain of salt from now on.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    What does 'hostel' mean? An aggressive restaurant ???
    Quite possibly,HKNBi, but it normally means a loge for college students. This of course is in the Indian context.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast