Mid Levels

Mid Levels

Hi guys,
    My partner and I are hoping to move to Hong Kong next year, at this stage looking like living in the mid levels or somewhere close to the city with lots of expats!!
    Anyone living in the mid levels care to shed some light here... How much for a say 2 or 3 bedroom apartment? What things are near by? Plenty of shopping close by? Sports.. what sort of sports are close etc... Basically just after some good info on living in Hong Kong, how to get around and all that stuff... oh and where to booze it up and meet some expats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikc:
    My partner and I are hoping to move to Hong Kong next year, at this stage looking like living in the mid levels or somewhere close to the city with lots of expats!!
    Anyone living in the mid levels care to shed some light here... How much for a say 2 or 3 bedroom apartment? What things are near by? Plenty of shopping close by? Sports.. what sort of sports are close etc... Basically just after some good info on living in Hong Kong, how to get around and all that stuff... oh and where to booze it up and meet some expats!!!!
    Wherever you live the majority of people in the building will be locals, but this is big city living so most people don't know their neighbours anyway...

Remember that unmarried partners don't get visas to live in HK just because their partner has an Employment (or Study) Visa.

2-3 bedroom in the mid-levels anything from HK$10,000 to HK$80,000 depending on size, spec, facilities, etc.

There's plenty of shopping up as far as Robinson Road. Conduit Road has nothing and is very quiet and residential.

No sports in the mid-levels but easy to get to via public transport or taxis.

Restaurants and bars in SoHo, Lan Kwai Fong and other areas near the escalator up from Central. Or Wanchai is 5-10 minutes in a cab.

Everything is very close together and easily accessible by public transport & cabs.