Wearing the same outift two days in a row

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wearing the same outift two days in a row

Okay, I have been extremely curious about this for a very long time. I go to highschool in Toronto and there are a lot of kids who have transfered here from Hong Kong within the last couple of years. And I've noticed... that often they will wear the same outfit 2 days in a row, and then you will never see them wear it again. I know a lot of the kids who come here are wealthy, and they have LOTS of clothes and are constantly buying new things... but always they wear the same thing twice in a row. And really... I'm kind of scared to ask why. It's just so strange. Does anyone know why they do this? Is it normal to do that in Hong Kong or something? I just don't know. And I've talked to a lot of people from different places and school and it really seems to happen everywhere with kids transfered from Hong Kong.

Thanks if anyone can help

haha I've never heard that before man..maybe it's cuz they're not sleeping at their place at night and go to school wearing the same clothes the wore the day before, before they get to hit the mall again? I dunno

I've never heard this before either, but I like Jay's explanation.

I'm from Toronto but haven't heard of that either. Kids in highschool they do change clothes everyday, especially those tranferred from Hong Kong. Coz' our group is small, wearing the same clothes for two days is too obvious and for sure we will tease on them :P

i tot only the adult ladies get teased for obvious reason...
    why wld kids get teased over no change of clothes ? hmmm

Been to the US for a year and never heard of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunoCleric:
    Okay, I have been extremely curious about this for a very long time. I go to highschool in Toronto and there are a lot of kids who have transfered here from Hong Kong within the last couple of years. And I've noticed... that often they will wear the same outfit 2 days in a row, and then you will never see them wear it again. I know a lot of the kids who come here are wealthy, and they have LOTS of clothes and are constantly buying new things... but always they wear the same thing twice in a row. And really... I'm kind of scared to ask why. It's just so strange. Does anyone know why they do this? Is it normal to do that in Hong Kong or something? I just don't know. And I've talked to a lot of people from different places and school and it really seems to happen everywhere with kids transfered from Hong Kong.

Thanks if anyone can help
    I have seen people wearing the same clothes for two days in a row (ie my sister) quite normal to some people, they think would be too frequent to washtheir outfit after wearing once, but they don't want to put them back in their wardrobe with dirty clothes so they would wear them twice in a row then wash them. but never heard of people wearing them twice and never see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by EUChinese:
    I have seen people wearing the same clothes for two days in a row (ie my sister) quite normal to some people, they think would be too frequent to washtheir outfit after wearing once, but they don't want to put them back in their wardrobe with dirty clothes so they would wear them twice in a row then wash them. but never heard of people wearing them twice and never see them again.
    I think the analysis given by EUChinese is close to the truth. Most of the kids parents don't bother to iron the clothes again, and would rather buy new clothes. Sometimes, I don't bother iron the clothes and buy the new one. It is because the clothes in HK are not expensive at all.

lol you might as well get a maid to iron em for you

Quote Originally Posted by greentea:
    Most of the kids parents don't bother to iron the clothes again, and would rather buy new clothes. Sometimes, I don't bother iron the clothes and buy the new one. It is because the clothes in HK are not expensive at all.
    So you are buying, what, 150 outfits a year? There are two obvious questions:

- how on earth do you afford that (particularly as a school kid)?

- what do you do with the "worn twice" outfits?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast