Like Tree1Likes

Asian Wall Street Journal vs Financial Times

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Asian Wall Street Journal vs Financial Times

I used to read the WSJ every day in NYC. Is it just me or does the Asian WSJ look kind of like crap here in Hong Kong? It just doesn't look as comprehensive as the American version. Just curious...what do you guys read? Asian WSJ? Financial Times? Maybe Bloomberg on your Iphone/Blackberry?

Which guys? I read the SCMP on my cafe table.

I mainly meant people who work in finance. Normal people should be perfectly fine just reading the SCMP.

I never realized I was normal! This is great news.

papers

Financial Times - head and shoulders above AWSJ. Bloomberg only as a supplement.

FT Daily, WSJ if I am stuck in a plane/airport. Bloomberg/Reuters for company specific information.

Quote Originally Posted by big_apple_ken:
    I mainly meant people who work in finance. Normal people should be perfectly fine just reading the SCMP.
    Wow, that's patronising. Some of us normal people also like the FT for its international news and political analysis. It has some great columnists.
    dumbdonkey likes this.

Well, atleast it is not a BP style "small people"...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    Wow, that's patronising. Some of us normal people also like the FT for its international news and political analysis. It has some great columnists.
    Well at least he admits that finance people are abnormal (and perhaps paid high salaries as compensation for being born like that). Whatever happened to Aussiegal btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    That was not my intention. It's just that someone asked who I am referring to since they read SCMP. The bottom line is the vast majority of FT/WSJ readers do work in finance (as do I) and I was just trying to get a relevant and honest answer. Seems like everyone leans towards FT in this thread...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast