"Bus Uncle" Incident in Wall Street Journal

Closed Thread

"Bus Uncle" Incident in Wall Street Journal

Interesting Read in Wall Street Journal -

A Page One story describing an encounter between two passengers in one of the buses in Hong Kong & how a cell phone video capture of the incident became a cultural phenomena.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1149...ml?mod=djemTMB

(you may need a subscription)

Yea..you need subcription...here is the video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzD5...ch=bus%20uncle

:leghump .....hahahahahah

Bus Uncle is very famous in HK and worldwide right now.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

This is a 'clean' link to the same
    http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...zYwMjc0Wj.html

Yeah, then three Hongkongers beat up the guy while while the press stood by photographing the whole incident!

What does that say about some Hong Kong peoples mentallity?

Three men beat up a Hong Kong man nicknamed "Bus Uncle,'' who became a celebrity overnight after a six-minute video of him yelling at a passenger was widely circulated on the Internet, newspapers reported Thursday.

The assailants - wearing jeans, T-shirts and surgical masks - stormed into the restaurant where Chan Yuet-tung was working and began punching him, the mass-market Apple Daily reported on its front page.

The newspaper showed a photo of one of the tattooed attackers with his fist raised over Chan's head as the victim cowered and covered his face with his hands.

Another photo showed Chan with a swollen eye as he was wheeled into a hospital for treatment of fractured bones in his face, the paper said.

The middle-aged Chan indicated he might know who the men were and why they attacked him, but he declined to provide details, the report said.

After his beating, Chan faced the onlookers in the restaurant and said, "God watches the things men do.

"Those who attacked me did not escape God's eyes,'' the Ming Pao Daily News.

Last edited by Canto Guy; 12-06-2006 at 07:14 PM.

I stopped watching the clip for about 30 seconds as I found that Bus Uncle has got mental problem during his shouting to that young boy. What I don't understand is that why the young boy didn't leave his seat but let Bus Uncle blame to. That's crazy, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Canto Guy:
    Yeah, then three Hongkongers beat up the guy while while the press stood by photographing the whole incident!

"Those who attacked me did not escape God's eyes,'' the Ming Pao Daily News.
    I'd like to believe this isnt true, but to be honest its not at odds with HK culture. Shocking though. Perhaps i should move somewhere safe like London