On my way to work

Closed Thread

On my way to work

Was on the MTR when a secondary school kid came in and stood opposite me. He seemed to bring in his own flavour of body odour which was rather intrusive but I put up with it because it is hot out there. I was not staring but couldn't help notice out of the corner of my eye his fiddling with small pieces of paper. He seemed to be stripping down cheat notes so they can be easily concealed and I thought "hmmm... I don't remember ever doing that" - is cheating common these days? He got off some stops later. It was only then that I noticed that his shards of paper were all over the floor of the train compartment - nice. Our future is in his hands.

Was in his hands .. he shredded it

very common

Last edited by BenderBends; 18-06-2006 at 08:05 PM.

I agree... very very common!! Even during the A-Level finals, the majority of us was cheating - that was 8 years ago or so.

I don't think it is common. At least, I never heard any friends around me did the cheating during the exam, especially at the open exam. It doesn't worth doing that.

Red face

It is not surprising. There are almost 7 million people living in this crowded city. Making a living is not easy. A lot of students pay $ to go to those tutor schools. They just want to get over with the "learning" phase and start the "earning" phase as soon as possible. Cheating is not uncommon because that's the easy way to get things done. I have witnessed 20-30 people cheating in a public professional accounting exam. Those people were all around 25-40 years old. Many of them had been taken the exams for a number of consecutive years. Some of the cheaters were not first time offenders. They were well known. I am sure some of them cheated and got away. As long as cheating in an exam is not a crime punishable by jail term, there will be lots of temptations to cheat!

juz wanna tell you all that cheating is very common. I cheat in school exam, open exam, tertiary exam.............whatever exam......

the skill of cheat is that.......reduce the time to memorise...........

u know in hong kong, they don't train you to think, but only memorise.......how to memorise the whole book??

i read and study to learn and understand........for those which needed to memorise....i use pen and paper to "help" me during exam.....

if you don't know the core element, it's useless even you have "paperz", once you understand what you needed to learn......."paperz" are great and efficient!!

Prince Harry cheated during his art A-levels, allegedly, and got away with it. Outrageous! This was despite his accusor possessing an audio recording of Harry incriminating himself. She also won her unfair dismissal hearing. So, if it's acceptable for royalty then it must surely be alright for the rest of us, eh?

Education is horribly expensive and time consuming. Students in the UK spend four years or so studying for degrees and rack up huge debts in the process. I can completely understand why some people might say chose to 'buy' a degree.

I would like to add that I personally have never cheated, as I actually enjoy study. Or perhaps I'm just too stupid to do so :-S