Moving Company

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving Company

Hi,

My boyfriend is on the process of moving, and he wants to move as soon as possible. I was wondering is anyone knew a good, trustworthy moving company? Reasonable price or not, I wouldn't mind. Please provide links for their websites, if you know of any. Would be eternally grateful

The links on the Moving and Relocations section here were mostly international, and what we're really looking for is local.

Thanks for your time!

Candice

My wife uses Columbia International Removals few years ago to move back to UK from HK. She thinks they are very good, so check it out.
    www.columbia-removals.com.hk

I think by "local" the OP means "for moves within Hong Kong" not "based in HK for international moves".

[There's a company I have used a couple of times who seem OK - I have the details at home so I'll try to remember to post later.]

Hi,

Giving advice as requested..........

Don't use AGS, moved from UK to HK costing £4000.00. They lost boxes of property and still haven't settled. My things having arrived over 6 months ago. Really bad policy, trying to offer me about 10% of brand new and just bought price, that took about 4 months to be offered!!!!

Nightmare!!! There's no need.

I'm also considering suing this company!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, but I am really interested in local relocation, which means moving within Hong Kong, and not from anywhere from out of the country

Halp!

As promised, the people I have used a couple of times are:
    Chung Luen Relocations
    http://www.chungluenrelo.com
    But the site is only in Chinese, and you get much better pricing if a local does the negotiation.
    Tel: 2363 2345

Last October I dealt with Janson Wong at Chung Luen, who speaks reasonable English (but, again, at a premium price I feel). His direct line (from his business card) six five three three six five five two.

I just wanted to delete this post...dunno how to do it..

Last edited by rapid_jap; 07-10-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    As promised, the people I have used a couple of times are:
    Chung Luen Relocations
    But the site is only in Chinese, and you get much better pricing if a local does the negotiation.
    Tel: 2363 2345

Last October I dealt with Janson Wong at Chung Luen, who speaks reasonable English (but, again, at a premium price I feel). His direct line (from his business card) six five three three six five five two.
    Hi PDLM,

Any idea as to how much time and money it costs to pack + move a 2 bedroom apartment through them say if I can my Chinese colleague to negotiate for me..? We'll be moving within the island - about 4 pieces of furniture, tv, pc and other stuff..

Old post la! I honestly can't remember how much it cost because it was so long ago - anyway, prices have probably changed. They packed, moved and unloaded (with assembly on the furniture) my 2 bedroom place in about 6 hours if I remember correctly. I do know that Janson Wong is no longer there - best to use the phone numbers on the site.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast