Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Coming to HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I agree with everyone else. Best doughnuts I've ever tasted. Definitely not something you eat everyday, but a once-in-a-while treat.

Give me Dunkin' Donuts

Personally, I think their donuts suck. Selection is a bit lame as well and I can't be the only one who feels this way, because many of their shops have gone out of business too. Now of course, you can find their donuts in gas stations and convenience stores. I guess if you don't really have a choice or have been donut deprived for awhile, then they will certainly make do.

That's just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    Call me uneducated but what are these like?
    A couple of things about KK.

1) They aren't that big. They aren't like a standard American 'Dunkin Donut" nor are they anywhere close to the monsters I see in London. Probably the size of a CD, slightly smaller.

2) They are sweet. I mean, really intense amount of sugar packed into those suckers. You could probably light it on fire with all the calories. Way too sweet for many of my Chinese friends I've given them to in NY.

3) They are best hot. KK tries to serve the donuts hot, so the sugar is still kind of melty and glazed. You might want to try to get there early in the morning to eat them hot.

As for me, I can't eat that many before I start bouncing off the walls. But some folks live and die by them.

In/Out Burgers

Actually, I would rather have In/Out Burgers.

What do you think about 'Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers'? Today, on the homepage of cnn.com, is a video....

too sweet by my standard

Quote Originally Posted by shwetapershad
    What do you think about 'Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers'? Today, on the homepage of cnn.com, is a video....
    Ah, yes, the "Luther". Thus named because it was the favorite food of singer Luther Vandross, who died from a heart attack....nothing like a krispy kreme cut in half, grilled, and used to sandwich a half pound of ground beef, bacon, and cheese...

definately the best doughnuts i've had and they have a HUGE variety at that...

can't wait :P

Quote Originally Posted by wing
    Actually, I would rather have In/Out Burgers.
    I could use with a double double with grilled onions and a chocolate shake right about now!!! Yum.

I agree with happijoijoi that KK are too sweet, their doughnuts taste cloyingly sweet for me.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast