Application Process When Hiring a Helper

Closed Thread

Application Process When Hiring a Helper

I just moved to HK. My family will arrive in a few weeks. We were lucky to find a helper that worked for a mutual friend for 4 years and has just finished her last contract.

I am still waiting for my own employment visa documents to arrive (my company's HR department who submitted the documents cliam it should be any day now). Unfortunately, the way I understand it is that in order to submit my helpers paperwrok I need to first get my Visa documents and then go get my Hong Kong ID card. To make matters worse, my helpers own visa expires next week!

Is there anyway to submit the helper application without having my Hong Kong ID yet? Will a US passport number work? Will a letter from my employer in HK (HSBC) suffice?

I have to go back to the US this friday for a couple weeks and I am afraid my visa and ID card will not be ready by then which means my helper will have to head back to the Phillipines and wait until I return to HK, get my documents, submit them, wait for approval, and then finally fly her back.

IS there anything I can do without a HK ID card to make the transition go more smoothly?

Sorry for the long post, but I am desparate for some help and the helper agencies do not seem to speak english well enough to understand my situation. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

The problem is two fold.

The contract has to be verified with the helpers embassy, where they might or might not be flexible.

The contract is then submitted to the Immigration department where, again they might or might not be flexible.

IS there anything I can do without a HK ID card to make the transition go more smoothly?
    If you have the time, go to Immigration department and ask them.