Basic Cantonese lessons for $100

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I bet they'll still let you in mate. They're just trying to justify their stance. It actually DOES make sense for them to be taking care of non-white minorities first, since many locals treat white people (of any ethnicity) like they are worth their weight in gold. Personally, I think the classes should be open to everyone, and people should be entitled to pay what they think is fair (as long as they pay a certain minimum). That way, if an English banker who makes $200,000 a month takes one of William's classes, he should (out of the goodness of his own heart) make a donation to ISS so they can help more people. Just my yi ho jit.

BTW, what I learnt from William has helped me teach hundreds of local school kids how to speak and write English better.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 27-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.

bump!

new weekday courses starting later this month...

Any updates on this? Are they still going and if so are western (or white?) people still being excluded?

jay: leung ho jit! aiya!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    jay: leung ho jit! aiya!
    Hai wor...yi ga chi doh la. Daw jer Cara ^_^

yes still going on
    next batch will start around march-april
    but he is very strict if you miss any class
    that can be a problem sometimes

1 month back I had dropped a mail to William for the next class probably about to start in Feb 2012 end. Just waiting for confirmation. Lets see.

Hey, luckily I have an Indian surname due to DH I look ...hmmm....' Mediterranean' rather than Indian though. Maybe they will think I am from the Middle East (first name is also a very Muslim name) if I try to enrol. We have a friend who has been doing this course and she said it was really good although she was totally blown away in a good way by what I've learned doing the Pimsleur one. I'm sure they really don't care what race you are though do they? Or was that 'whitey' comment from someone associated with running the program ?

@mimi76
    there are people from all races in the class, including whites
    dont worry too much with your name and skin color

I'm definately up for this course.. the price is great compared to other schools I have looked at here..

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast