Basic Cantonese lessons for $100

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

I am Russian. I have just completed Basic Cantonese at ISS HOPE in Wan Chai and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning spoken Cantonese. I wrote a blog entry about my experience at ISS HOPE:

Taking Cantonese classes in Hong Kong – my experience so far

I am now taking the next level course at CUHK Saturday class and it is very different ))

Quote Originally Posted by Khema:
    I am Russian. I have just completed Basic Cantonese at ISS HOPE in Wan Chai and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning spoken Cantonese. I wrote a blog entry about my experience at ISS HOPE:

I am now taking the next level course at CUHK Saturday class and it is very different ))
    I've done ISS but prefer CUHK because the students are more serious and more prepared and don't ask the same basic questions again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by ewankho:
    I've done ISS but prefer CUHK because the students are more serious and more prepared and don't ask the same basic questions again and again.
    I agree with you - about the difference - different kind of students means different learning models. I discuss this in my blog ))

I would love to do the next level course at ISS (in addition to CUHK) - looks like they may have Intermediate this spring. It was fun and very different to CUHK.

ISS WanChai is not the only place offering this.
    We just registered at Charity Action near Jordan station, 100HKD for 50 hours.
    Lessons will be starting in a few weeks, so hurry.
    I'll be holding my nose about their religious delusions, and I've no idea what it's going to be like. For now it just sounds too good to be true. We may donate our old PC to them - they also do IT literacy courses.
    The emphasis seems to be on minorities/disadvantaged, but we did ensure that we wouldn't steal anybody's place and they seemed to be keen to have us.

Map - Woo Sung Street Service Centre

The following also apparently offering cheap/free language lessons, not sure if Cantonese is offered though

http://www.caritas.org.hk
    é¦™æ¸¯åŸºç£æ•™æœå‹™è • èžåŒ¯â€”å°‘æ•¸æ—è£”ä ººå£«æ”¯æ´æœå‹™ä¸­å¿ƒ( CHEER)
    http://www.skhlmc.org
    http://www.ymcahk.org.hk
    SSCEM

Last edited by pizza; 09-02-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khema:

Your blog is not accessible?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7