Like Tree1Likes

Full Welsh Breakfast

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Full Welsh Breakfast

Not being Welsh, I never knew about this breakfast tradition. After watching a tv show where it was featured, I'd like to try it. Are there any restaurants in Hong Kong service full Welsh Breakfast?

What is a Welsh Breakfast?

HC

Sounds like something you will only find in Wales as it is basically traditional British / Irish cooked breakfast made with Welsh products. You can find all these things except the laver bread quite easily in HK - good starting place is the Irish pubs.

Too lazy to find and cook them myself. I'm looking forward to trying some next time I'm in Wales but I was hoping to find the Cockles and Laverbread here. There is a fairly sizeable Welsh population in Hong Kong (far more than Turkish) and we have 3-4 Turkish restaurants in Hong Kong. I'm hoping some restaurant is catering to Welsh tastes.

HC

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    I'm hoping some restaurant is catering to Welsh tastes.
    Perhaps you'll have to wait till March 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Perhaps you'll have to wait till March 2011.
    *smile*
    do tell - Whats happening in March?
    *smile*

HC

My sister's birthday, the official beginning of spring, St David's Day (whatever that might have to do with the topic in hand :P )

The Pawn has Welsh Rarebit and it's yummy. That might be a start to satisfy your desire for Welsh cuisine. Maybe if you can persuade them there is enough demand they will introduce more Welsh dishes on their menu.

Welsh cuisine.... almost as funny as Macau culture

Claire ex-ax likes this.

Reminds me of the Welsh guy taking a driving lesson. The instructor said to him "Can you make a U turn?"

Taffy replied "Make a Ewe turn..? Dunno boyo, but I can makes it's eyes water"

I'll get my coat...

Quote Originally Posted by AIP:
    The Pawn has Welsh Rarebit and it's yummy. That might be a start to satisfy your desire for Welsh cuisine. Maybe if you can persuade them there is enough demand they will introduce more Welsh dishes on their menu.
    It's just fancy cheese on toast. It is really Welsh Rabbit by the way.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast