Tanned skin in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tx75070:

Point being whether we actually admit it or not, at some level wealth = attractiveness.
    That makes me seriously ugly then

Quote Originally Posted by JBest:
    You miss understand me. I was saying that historically Europeans (or should I say the British because I dont know about the others) did not like to appear tanned as it indicated that they worked outside and therefore poor
    oh ok Well nowdays i see a lot of british ppl wearing fake tans or wanting to get a tan while risking skin cancer/damage.

deleteduser

Trends have some influence too. When Louis Koo was the hottest thing in HK, you'd see tons of guys with skin darker than east indians, and with mullets.

I observed that it is still o.k. for male cantopop stars to be tanned but female stars stay pale as if drenched in SKII. Hacken Lee looks like he takes his naps in tanning beds.

Tanned Skin

Seesh. I'm an ABC who used to be so tanned I blended into Hawaii like a local. I've stayed out of the sun nowadays even forgoing outdoor sports which I like. Mindful of discrimination, I've been very concious of the fact I tan really easily and have made a dire effort not to get any darker. First thing I noticed upon arrival is that I'm still really tanned compared to everyone else except the construction workers.

Yep, I totally second tx on this. Money talks and talks and talks. It is quite sickening, isn't it?
    To me it isnt the colour of the skin, but the quality of maintenance that counts. Healthy, smooth, glowing skin looks fabulous whether pink, yellow or chocolate brown. Whitening creams need to find their address in trash cans.

deleteduser

Everyone has their preferences. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Everyone has their preferences. Who cares?
    whitening creams aren't a preference in hong kong...they're a trend

Quote Originally Posted by -jC-:
    whitening creams aren't a preference in hong kong...they're a trend
    Yah, but white skin has been a trend in China for hundreds of years. You could call it preference.

yea everyone prefers different things. The only thing that annoys me is my cousin, everytime i visit i want to go to the beach but she never comes because she don't want to get tanned ^-^