Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Woodpecker

Energy efficient lighting

Closed Thread

Energy efficient lighting

Hi - does anyone remember the full-page ad in the SCMP with the last couple of weeks for spot lightbulbs that are energy-efficient, cooler, etc.? I meant to keep the page to look at re-bulbing our offices, but forgot, silly me.

Grateful if anyone can recall the company advertising, or kept a copy of the page.

Many thanks!

Fiona

I think they are the compact florescent spot lights, if not they could be the new LED lights, these are much more energy efficient but more expensive.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker:
    I think they are the compact florescent spot lights, if not they could be the new LED lights, these are much more energy efficient but more expensive.
    It was the LED lights....thanks for that Woodpecker. If anyone can remember or has details of the agent, would be fantastic.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I have no idea about the agent, or the manufacturer, but (as a last resort) you can go to a public library and ask to look at old SCMPs to find the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I have no idea about the agent, or the manufacturer, but (as a last resort) you can go to a public library and ask to look at old SCMPs to find the ad.
    Thanks Claire, I was trying to avoid that if at all possible but I may well end up there. I'm still kicking myself for not keeping the page at the time.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Know what you mean. Do that all the time myself.

I didn't see the newspaper, but may be able to help.

Do you want to replace your current fluros? The T5 is cooler, brighter and more energy efficient.

If so, have a read of this - may help.
    Tomi Fuji EMC Limited
    T5 fluorescent lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We ended up replacing the lights ourselves (using a private contractor) and not using this company, but they seem reasonable.

I have a PowerPoint presentation on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I didn't see the newspaper, but may be able to help.

Do you want to replace your current fluros? The T5 is cooler, brighter and more energy efficient.

If so, have a read of this - may help.
    Tomi Fuji EMC Limited
    T5 fluorescent lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We ended up replacing the lights ourselves (using a private contractor) and not using this company, but they seem reasonable.

I have a PowerPoint presentation on this.
    Hi Crocodile - thank you for that. Yes, I want to initiate a change of our spots - we are limited in the fluro tubes as the building management control these in order to achieve uniformity in the appearance of the building when lit at night - I know, I know, don't ask!!

However internally we have total flexibiilty on the spots and I want to move us towards a better product. The ones I saw advertised in the SCMP sounded ideal. Maybe I will have to take a trip to the library!

Thanks again.

LED's are still quite new technology for bulb replacements, the best best is still fluros which have the price/efficiency in mind.