Website to find a room in an apartment / flat

Closed Thread

Website to find a room in an apartment / flat

I have just got a job here in HK and been waiting for the work permit. I am currently living in a serviced apartment which is a well-equipped but small studio and certainly more expensive than normal room. I am thinking to move to rent a room in a flat / apartment with other roommates, yet anyone knows any website where to find a nice, cozy room here in HK ? I have googled but still it seems only easyroommate.com.hk that provides this kind of online service, I know geoexpat also lists rooms in one of their forum threads/topics. Please help if somebody knows as the work permit scheduled to be approved this month (hopefully). Thanks!

Have you checked the classifieds

Apartments To Share - Hong Kong Classifieds

hi rani,

already! It's great but the offers are so limited. I mean I would like to know where usually local people here in Hong Kong usually advertise their room. I wanna mix with the locals, and know them better. In US ppl mostly use craigslist (a free website for ads, but sometimes there's a catch), in S'pore roomsdb.

Last edited by DAQUIRI; 20-07-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: wrong website link

thanks for the recommendations!

Craiglist actually has a HK section. I am in the exact situation and am staying in a temp sublet room now!
    Posted via Mobile Device

I found good deals at both easyroomate and craigslist in comparison with the classifieds here. There's http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/ too which is okay.

i have explored these sites but i find that their options are rather limited!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Sharing in Hong Kong is rather limited.