Learn Tennis

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nation:
    I met this guy last week named Bunny Ko. I was getting some stringing done and he mentioned his students so presumably he coaches. Seemed like a nice chap and quite helpful when I was talking strings with him. Good English too. He mentioned playing at Victoria Park but not sure where he provides lessons, if he does at all. May be you can give him a call. Here's his details from his card:

Bunny Ko
    Queensay Golf International
    Shop 219-222
    Shun Tak Centre
    168-200 Connaught Road
    Central
    3521 1030/2865 2632
    Mob: 9528 4679

Actually I just looked at his card and it says tennis coach. There you go
    Hi Nation,
    Thanks a lot will definitely drop him a call few days later when I am back. I like the shop located in Central! Not too far away!
    Can i ask where is victoria park?

Victoria park is in Causeway bay. At the between of Tin Hau station and Causeway Bay MTR station

thanks for your encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by francocw:
    It's never to old to learn anything. I learn tennis when i am 24 as well. HK Tennis association do have tennis course for every level of tennis player. They usually teach in Cantonese but i think the coach can speak in English as well. You can see the following link for the time table and venue for the course.

http://www.tennishk.org/TrainingCour...3/Default.aspx
    Hey Francocw, thanks for the encouragement... gee... I have always wanted to learn tennis but keeps on delaying it! Will check out the link you have provided.

Dark Angel - May be we can play togehter when we have learned

Quote Originally Posted by cat_fairy:
    Hey Francocw, thanks for the encouragement... gee... I have always wanted to learn tennis but keeps on delaying it! Will check out the link you have provided.

Dark Angel - May be we can play togehter when we have learned
    Hi I have yet to start...! too much travelling on work and busy moving house. excuses excuses......

lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel:
    Hi I have yet to start...! too much travelling on work and busy moving house. excuses excuses......
    Dark Angel - Let me know when you have time to play... am a bit lazy myself.

Guys - Any good recommendation on the tennis racket for ladies?

Hi Nation,
    Thanks a lot will definitely drop him a call few days later when I am back. I like the shop located in Central! Not too far away!
    Can i ask where is victoria park?
    Actually I should clarify. His store's street address says Central but it's really in Sheung Wan. Shun Tak Centre is about 5 minute walk on the sky bridge from the Western end of the IFC complex. As francocw mentioned, Victoria Park is in Causeway Bay. To get to the tennis courts it's about a 10 minute walk from Causeway Bay MTR (5 min to get to Victoria Park plus 5 min walk through Victoria Park).

As for racquets that's a tough question. This Bunny guy sells racquets also so he may be good to speak to. There's a good selection of Wilson, Prince, Babolat, Yonnex racquets to choose from. If you're just starting out look to one of the larger head sized racquets with the thick frames. These are usually quite light and have a high power rating so you're not straining with every shot. Also make sure you get the grip size right - when you grip the racquet you should have 1 finger's space between the tips of your wrapped fingers and the base of your palm. Not too sure if they do this in HK but also see if they have spare racquets that you can take out for a test run. You just don't get the right feel swinging a racquet around in the store.

Thanks for the info, I have wanted to learn long long time ago. Now is the chance for me. Hope to play with you folks.

Tennis Lessons

Hi everyone I am actually a certified tennis coach so if anyone is interested in some lessons just private message me or you can email me anytime at [email protected]. I teach over at the Hong Kong Tennis Centre, some other courts in the area are Victoria Park and Causeway Bay. Further away, you also have the Hong Kong's Tennis Association courts in Shatin, but I think they are being resurfaced for the Olympic Games and thus closed. If any other questions that I can help with, don't hesitate to email me :0)
    Richie

Smile wing kwok

guys and girls,

I would like to find out if there is any good tennis class in central area that you guys know? Or anybody is sooo good at tennis that could teach me how to play? I was a squash player but I am really bad at tennis.

I would like to learn how to play tennis for the longest time. Hopefully it's not too late for my age- 25 !

Would really appreciate your advice as I am still new to town. Thanks!
    Hi Darkangel,
    I played squash for 5 years and turn into tennis (semi-pro).
    Have you play Ruby? Easy to learn tennis if you have..
    Would like to play tennis with anyone who can smile.
    we love tennis and wish more people love it,
    mail: [email protected]
    Wing
    I am going to SubicBay Tennis Center in The Philippines in April 21st, are you interested?
    www.subicbaytennis.com

Hi there!

I am looking for a tennis instructor for the coming two weeks. Can anyone recommend me a tennis instructor that provides private tennis classes or in a group of max 3 people?

Thanks,
    Ilona