burger king

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

the red bean pie is fine. no problems with it at all.

and yes the fantastic was shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Slow down- the one in the airport is on the other side of passport control!

Every year a group of us go down to Koh Samui- if we get separated in the bars we always know that come closing time we'll all be in BK!
    I hope the BK on the peak doesn't go the way of McShit here and start doing rice burgers and sago with birds nest milkshakes or slices of pig guts in noodles.
    lol. yah. mcdonald's pretty crazy with their attempts to localize. and that just got me doing a very small research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_menu_items#International_variations

In Hong Kong, McDonald's sells chicken and pork burgers, fried chicken wings and nuggets. In some restaurants, a separate counter sells ice cream and desserts to pedestrians. Some restaurants have a section for the McCafé. Apart from the general menu, it also promotes some other foods seasonally or longer, like spicy French fries, the Shogun Burger (a pork bun served with Japanese Teriyaki sauce and cabbage), Grilled Chicken Burger, twisted macaroni breakfasts, salads, soups, pineapple or red bean sundae, pineapple pies, taco flatbreads with pork, beef or chicken, rice fan-tastic (a burger-like entree with rice patties in place of buns) and many others. Hong Kong hosts some of the world's busiest McDonald's with a few operating round the clock. It also sells many toys or dolls, like Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and Disney figures in addition to set meals, which are very popular. In Chinese New Year, red packets (lai see) are included in set meals. During the local Bun Festival, McDonald's restaurant on the island of Cheung Chau sells local-style buns instead of hamburgers. In Kowloon Park, there is also a small counter named Snack Station selling ice cream, as well as a counter that sells McDonald's drinks in the swimming pool.
    some of the other ones sounds really really disgusting. mcdonald's such a slut.

Quote Originally Posted by -jC-:
    pretty much everything mcdonald's brought out by adding some "local touches" to it has been shit... think red bean pie *shudder* ...the "fan"tastic burgers have definitely been the worst so far
    Ho Lan Fan-tastic if you ask me!

i actually think the rice cakes are a good idea. they ought to offer them for all sanwiches.

btw- BK won't open till october first, presumably to coincide with mainland travelers. maybe HK will get to be gateway to china once more...

FINALLY!

This is great news that BK will be opening a new branch this side of passport control. I am a great fan and make it a matter of courtesy to eat their burgers on sight. I even got my dad into BK and he had always been a "rice and two veg." man.
    (there are some wierd BK videos on the 'net - I guess it's a case of "you had to be there" to understand the humour)

well, their new King mascot is disconcerting to say the least. very freaky character. but the "big bucking chicken" commercials are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus:
    well, their new King mascot is disconcerting to say the least. very freaky character. but the "big bucking chicken" commercials are hilarious.
    The most disturbing one is the one they showed during the Super Bowl where they had women dressed up as lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc., stacked them all on top of one another, and then cut to a guy *eating* the burger. Very disconcerting.

And yes, the King is probably the scariest mascot I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:
    The most disturbing one is the one they showed during the Super Bowl where they had women dressed up as lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc., stacked them all on top of one another, and then cut to a guy *eating* the burger. Very disconcerting.

And yes, the King is probably the scariest mascot I've ever seen.
    sounds like a hooter's commercial instead lol

I tried one of those fan-tastic burgers once thinking it would be a healthy alternative .. man was I wrong!

The thing was like swimming in oil. Never again!

Ohhh ... my mouth's just watering thinking of a nice juicy BK Whopper now .. haha.

Now if you guys was a REAL burger, none of this McD's Big Mac crap ... you definately need to get a Colossal Burger from Ruby Tuesday's ... now THAT my friends is a burger!!!