Air Quality and Rental Prices in Clearwater Bay ???

Air Quality and Rental Prices in Clearwater Bay ???

Hello,

We live on Lamma Island right now - but are thinking of moving to Clearwater bay with wife+kid to be closer to the university of science+tech for a part time masters, plus also an easier commute for my wife.

We want to make sure of two things:

#1: Air quality in clearwater bay is as good (or close) to Lamma. This is one reason we choose not to live on HK Island, we want to be very careful with our baby and be able to walk outside, etc... without worrying about long term effects. It would seem that clearwater bay might be ok for air quality - are the prevailing winds not mostly from the south and east which would push the air from HK AWAY from clearwater bay?

#2: Typical flat prices of 3 bedroom 700sq foot?? Right now on lamma going rate is $5-7000 for a place like this - we're paying $6000 for our 3 bedroom place. How might clearwater bay compare? Is it super expensive? We're hoping for a semi-nice place like we have here.

Appreciate any insight,

freag

Does anyone know if there are any internet sites that have pricing information (and pictures?) of available flats in Hong Kong?

What's the best plan for checking places out in Clearwater bay over the internet? I'll be going there this weekend, but want to get a head start.

Thanks

http://www.gohome.com.hk is an excellent place to start.

Will respond on the rest later.

hi there,

i live on clearwater bay rd, costs about 15000 for my 2-bedroom condo here.

i've only been here for a month, so if u ask me, air quality is bad everywhere; but if u ask me again, ok, it's a tiny, teeny, weeny bit better than, say mongkok.

Quote Originally Posted by freag34:
    Does anyone know if there are any internet sites that have pricing information (and pictures?) of available flats in Hong Kong?

What's the best plan for checking places out in Clearwater bay over the internet? I'll be going there this weekend, but want to get a head start.

Thanks

I suspect that the OP has left HK in the 3.5 years since his/her last posting!