oooo.. annual beer fest

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking oooo.. annual beer fest

it's already the 3rd beer fest @ lkf, aug 29-30. went last year didnt drink anything tho.
    who's going this year?

Quote Originally Posted by beafan:
    went last year didnt drink anything tho.
    Eh? That must have been fun!

What does a LKF beer fest involve - cheap Carlsberg, cheaper Carlsberg and oh-look-its-Carlsberg Carlsberg?

Seriously, any good? Would probably be interested in a visit.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    it's the 3rd beer fest @ lkf, aug 29-30
    Mysteriously they are having some shennanigan there on the 29-30 july as well.
    LKF 2.5 perhaps

cheap food, alot of samosas, burgers, beer around the world. but most importanly for the guys, BEER GIRLS!!!! lol
    last year u could get lanyads for ur beer glasses. pretty neat stuff.

There are a few real beers, but mostly it's putting a bunch of kegs of the usual crap (Carlsberg, Heineken, Fosters, whatever) out on the street so that you don't have to bother going into any of the bars. Just an excuse to drum up business during the quiet season when so many people with kids are out of town...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    There are a few real beers, but mostly it's putting a bunch of kegs of the usual crap (Carlsberg, Heineken, Fosters, whatever) out on the street so that you don't have to bother going into any of the bars. Just an excuse to drum up business during the quiet season when so many people with kids are out of town...
    arent u psyched about it?
    last year there were some brands i've never heard of b4 like haierbin beer. i was told it was OK beer. well the beer girls were nice looking, this coming from a girl
    actually i'm more into for the food

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    There are a few real beers, but mostly it's putting a bunch of kegs of the usual crap (Carlsberg, Heineken, Fosters, whatever) out on the street so that you don't have to bother going into any of the bars.
    Fair enough - I'm in

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    arent u psyched about it?
    last year there were some brands i've never heard of b4 like haierbin beer. i was told it was OK beer. well the beer girls were nice looking, this coming from a girl
    actually i'm more into for the food
    Uh....sorry to burst your bubble, but "haierbin" beer (actually 'Harbin') is commonly available for a few years now at your friendly neighborhood supermarket, and is one of the cheapest beers on the market.

As for the taste, I'd put it on par with Tsingtao.

Again, sadly....another excuse not to go.

Unless of course, they put out my usual fav. Hoegaarden - complete with the large glasses- THEN we'll talk.
    Last edited by Max; 20-07-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Now TsingTao to me is one of the better lagers around - at least it has some flavour and you actually know what you are drinking...

i shall be there ...
    after all am a LKFholic(copyright)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast