Like Tree3Likes

Pacific Coffee

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I can understand the disdain shown for Starbucks coffee because back home there are so many quality options. But out here its the lesser of many evils.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Reminds me of this:

International coffee chain Starbucks will close 61 Australian stores within days, shedding 685 jobs as part of a strategy to slash underperforming outlets and boost profits.
    That's 61 out of 85 across Australia... When I was there, I rooted for the home team.

Only Starbucks in tourist areas do any good in australia.

Just as well perhaps. I prefer the smaller, independent cafés for better quality of product and service.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    I can understand the disdain shown for Starbucks coffee because back home there are so many quality options. But out here its the lesser of many evils.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    In Canada Starbucks is held with disdain BUT... a conversation between two people setting up a business meeting outside of an office.

A. Where do you want to meet?

B. Why not Starbucks at Robson and Dunsmuir?

A. Which corner of the street there are two?

--- Shortly after both arrive:

A. *Bleep* I hate Starbucks.

B. Me too, but I couldn't think of any other place to meet.
    Dreadnought and boblam07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    In Canada Starbucks is held with disdain BUT... a conversation between two people setting up a business meeting outside of an office.

I had set up a meeting with someone I was seeing for the first time, the weekend before my trip to Vancouver, to pick up some items that a friend had asked if I could bring along with me during my trip. Within two texts messages from the first, the meeting time and place was decided:

1400 hrs Sunday, Starbucks at IFC Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:

Hate to say this but thats soooo true! Whenever me and my friend have to meet in Wan Chai for coffee and chit chat, the only place we can think of is Pacific Coffee, Star Bucks or Cafe Habitu. My favourite cafe is closed at 7 pm and also on weekends/public holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    Hate to say this but thats soooo true! Whenever me and my friend have to meet in Wan Chai for coffee and chit chat, the only place we can think of is Pacific Coffee, Star Bucks or Cafe Habitu. My favourite cafe is closed at 7 pm and also on weekends/public holidays.
    Tried Café Zambra across from the Novotel?

Stop complaining already. A 'tall' costs HKD 35 (CHF 4.4) in Switzerland! And for a tiny espresso I paid even more than that last time I was in Zurich.

Silly me, going to Starbucks in Switzerland, with plenty of street cafe's around me. The handy paper cups made me do it as I was in a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    I had set up a meeting with someone I was seeing for the first time, the weekend before my trip to Vancouver, to pick up some items that a friend had asked if I could bring along with me during my trip. Within two texts messages from the first, the meeting time and place was decided:

1400 hrs Sunday, Starbucks at IFC Mall.
    That is exactly what Pacific Coffee and Starbucks have over all others - location and awareness. I like the new coffee place here on Hollywood Road by Central Park hotel - Java Java - but they are not all over HK so you pick locations you both know over the phone.

The coffee at S'Bucks and Pac Coffee is not always fresh. There should be a law that says that if you do not drink coffee yourself it is against the law to serve it to members of the public. If you are in the USA and sometimes in Canada in a restaurant and they bring a pot of coffee that is getting old, they take it back or tell you to wait for the fresh pot. I have been in Starbucks in Canada where the coffee is brutal but still being pushed by a young looking person you know does not drink coffee or they'd not be serving it. Pac Coffee serve out of those thermoses which tells you right there it is not likely to be fresh but more like a hotel meeting room where by the 10:30 break the stuff is brutal.