Like Tree3Likes

Pacific Coffee

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pacific Coffee

Went to Pacific Coffee today and geez 25HKD for a cup of coffee! It was delicious and I enjoyed every drip but over $3 US for a cup of java is a little too much. The largest size is much smaller than a Starbucks Venti cup and Starbucks charges only $0.50US for refills. PC said they dont do refills and looked at me like I was a homeless person asking for a free cup after I gulped down the cup in 10 minutes. What gives? None of the 7/11 's sell coffee only the sweet sugary canned stuff that is quite gross IMO. Just venting not looking for reasons as I can think of the reasons--high cost of real estate, low demand, etc.

"What gives"? Start with the fact that you're living in a different country now...

Yes but I find everything else less expensive. Coffee is the only exception at this point.

I love Grimmy...

You're 'paying' for the free internet and the comfy sofa's and the air con and everything else that goes with it, Business rents here in HK aren't exactly cheap nor can business's afford to be a charity here.

Starbucks is a big global chain on a par with Mcdonalds thus can afford to offer free refills etc for next to nothing. Try and find out how much they pay the columbian farmers for there beans and you'll get the picture.

Pacific Coffee being a local chain of course doesn't have the buying power of Starbucks so you can't compare.

Just be thankful you're not living in London where a Venti Americano will cost you over $6 US.

Hey - am I being stupid or are you people saying that Starbucks in HK offer cheap refills? Never knew that... doh!

The PC in Taikoo Place often short-fills the larger cups - really annoying - especially on Mochas where they leave a huge gap to put the cream on top. If cheap refills are at Starbucks, I'll make the trek up Kings Road more often...

Milk is expensive here, judging by supermarket prices.

I think Phil has waaaay too much time on his hands

>> $3 US for a cup of java is a little too much

New York prices?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    I love Grimmy...

That's just so funny!

hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    I love Grimmy...
    maybe asian1 can use the spiderdog as his icon now..
    Last edited by abhishek desai; 21-07-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast