HK Boat/Yacht Register Database?

Closed Thread

HK Boat/Yacht Register Database?

Is there something to get info on a registered yacht in Hong Kong? I am not sure where to check, but a quick search didn't yield anything. Something like the company registry where you can search for a boats registration number would be great to get owner and other info.

Does this exist?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Call the yacht club?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There's the Hong Kong Shipping Register, but would that be just for big boats?

Marine Department handles the boat registrations ..

Downloadable Forms

Not sure if they have a look up function somewhere (perhaps not online?)... best to ask them?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It has a list of all 1631 Hong Kong-registered vessels viewable online. No idea whether that includes yachts though.

http://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_services/shipname.html

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 13-07-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Add link for those without access to search engine

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    It has a list of all 1631 Hong Kong-registered vessels viewable online. No idea whether that includes yachts though.

Ships on the HK Register
    Nope, it does not.

If you look at the downloadable forms (under local boats), clearly there is some department that collects owners info. I suspect it is not online.. but might be accessible if you contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If you look at the downloadable forms (under local boats), clearly there is some department that collects owners info. I suspect it is not online.. but might be accessible if you contact them.
    Interesting question actually. Obviously all my boats are/were registered, but not sure whether the owner information is public. Suspect it would be similar as for private vehicles, i.e., not accessible unless ordered by a court or similar. Certainly hope that is not possible for anybody to just look up my name/particulars just based on the number of my boat...
    Last edited by beachball; 13-07-2010 at 03:01 PM.