Having a Baby in Hong Kongl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I don't think it is a visa. As far as I can recall there is a stamp on my son's passport saying "No restrictions on stay" or something like that ...

[email protected] should be able to answer you

Thanks

Thanks KnowItAll,

You have made it a lot easier for me to sort this out, the links and everything are great, thanks a lot. Lisa

I believe your baby will be eligible for HK permanent resident since he will be born in HK ? Athought many british are not really bothered about HK status. but no harm having it in case he might want to work in HK one day in the future.... think about quite a few number of people on here trying to get advice on how to reclaim their status since they were born in HK. so make sure you got everything before you leave HK one day and don't lose his status.

Oh thanks

I thought the baby would only become a resident if either my husband, myself or the baby was here for 7 years - is this not really the case?

not every baby born in HK is eligible for PR status....
    only if one or the other parent already has it at the time of birth...

think about it... HK would be flooded with pregnant mainland chinese women seeking PR status for their baby otherwise

For the baby to have PR in HK, 1 of the parent must be permanent resident and of Chinese origin. My husband was born in Australia but he has HK PR, however they ask us to prove that his mother (my bb's grandmother) is holding a valid 3-stars HK ID card.

Last edited by cK123; 26-07-2006 at 03:55 PM.

>> 1 of the parent must be permanent resident and of Chinese origin

Don't think that is a requirement for PR. My son has it and neither of us are Chinese. I think the Chinese origin is required for a HK Passport.

I could be wrong.. will have to recheck his BC and passport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2